Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever get pain when gaming?

Have you ever dealt with pain from gaming? Either it be from just getting old or having issues with arthritis, or sitting too long. I remember playing track and field on the nes with just the controller. Didn't know back then that it used a mat that you'd stand on. I remember getting a massive blister because I was masshing the controller too much lol. 

Other than that, I get eye strain. But my thumbs have hurt sometimes before. But I think that's more with the controller itself. 

My thumbs would hurt back when Gran Turismo games had more Test Course races in them.  You don't have to brake for the corners at Test Course and you don't even have to lift off of the throttle, so your thumb doesn't get a rest.  It's like the Talladega 500 in real life, but with thumbs instead of a right foot on the gas.

1 hour ago, Family sedan said:

My thumbs would hurt back when Gran Turismo games had more Test Course races in them.  You don't have to brake for the corners at Test Course and you don't even have to lift off of the throttle, so your thumb doesn't get a rest.  It's like the Talladega 500 in real life, but with thumbs instead of a right foot on the gas.

Yeah some games can do that. I also think the controller is another problem. I noticed that the Xbox one controller for example, the trigger buttons sometimes hurt my fingers. So that could be another issue. 

Have you guys ever had to deal with any pain because of guitar hero and other instrument games? I remember cramping up when I used to play guitar hero. It's why I rarely went up difficulty, because I couldn't handle the additional button. 

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

Pain from gaming playing with those controllers and even the mobile these days ? yes. Same with wii based stuff where you have to do those things to play. Too much of anything ... as they say. 

Exactly... Is very bad when you over do it. If you play too much, it may affect your eyes if you are too close to the TV and possibly give you cramps, or make you fatigue etc. 

On 1/4/2022 at 6:59 AM, skyfire said:

Pain from gaming playing with those controllers and even the mobile these days ? yes. Same with wii based stuff where you have to do those things to play. Too much of anything ... as they say. 

I completely agree with you on this one because when you overdo things, it tends to bite back at you. I can remember getting my thumb 👍 injured at one time. 

On 1/5/2022 at 8:19 AM, Heatman said:

I completely agree with you on this one because when you overdo things, it tends to bite back at you. I can remember getting my thumb 👍 injured at one time. 

How did you get your thumb 👍 injured when playing games? Was the controller faulty or too hard on press? 

On 1/4/2022 at 12:59 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah I can see it with the Wii. It was one of the consoles I remember playing and cramping up because of the controller. Also, I imagine the constant motion caused cramping as well. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I can see it with the Wii. It was one of the consoles I remember playing and cramping up because of the controller. Also, I imagine the constant motion caused cramping as well. 

And to crown it all, the console Wii didn't last long back as a result of the console wars that's going on.