Register Now
GeppyX

Is the Wii U Nintendo's worst console?

Now that I have the Switch, I feel like it's a much better experience than the Wii U. The Wii U wasn't even portable, unless we're talking using it in the same room. The Switch is a much better version. The Wii U feels like a very old Apple iPhone now. I wasn't crazy about the Wii either but at least the Wii has incredible emulation capabilities. One thing that I feel about the Switch is that it's not a gimmick. It's the real deal. Switching from tablet to TV is seamless. I can even use the wrist straps if I want. The Wii U gamepad always felt heavy and clunky. I get a much better and more to the point experience with the Switch. 

If we're considering every console ever made by Nintendo, then no Wii U isn't their worst. The Virtual boy takes that prize without question. I know there's a lot of kids here who are too young to have ever known the Virtual Boy. It was released in 1995, a year before the N64 was released in 1996. The Virtual Boy was a complete disaster. The supposed "headset" wasn't a headset at all. You had to push your face up against the damn thing and hope it stayed still to see what you were doing. The games gave you migraines, and the attempt at 3D/VR was just obscene. The Nerd did a good video on it.

I wouldn't say it's their worst. Especially if you count the virtual boy. I guess you could say the GameCube is up there as well as I think the GC didn't sell that well. 

I wouldn't even say it's a bad console. It Just wasn't the right time. Plus they were always behind the times in terms of hardware. At least since the GameCube. 

I hated the Game Cube. Mainly it was the controller design. I hated that damn thing. The only thing it had going for it in my opinion was Soul Calibur II. That was an awesome game in and of itself, but with the added bonus of Link as a playable fighter? Well, as those from Brooklyn would say:

FUHGEDDABOUDIT!

On 1/3/2022 at 6:07 PM, The Blackangel said:

If we're considering every console ever made by Nintendo, then no Wii U isn't their worst. The Virtual boy takes that prize without question. I know there's a lot of kids here who are too young to have ever known the Virtual Boy. It was released in 1995, a year before the N64 was released in 1996. The Virtual Boy was a complete disaster. The supposed "headset" wasn't a headset at all. You had to push your face up against the damn thing and hope it stayed still to see what you were doing. The games gave you migraines, and the attempt at 3D/VR was just obscene. The Nerd did a good video on it.

To be fair, I don't think I've ever heard of the Virtual Boy and I did have the original Nintendo and Super NES. It looks absolutely hideous by the way.

No I would say the Virtual Boy is the worst Nintendo console. I've only met one person who actually liked it, and was actually shocked that it was his favorite with my personal favorite (the Gamecube) being his least favorite. I personally don't really care for the Game and Watch line, they were definitely a product of their time. (I'm not sure about the new Game and Watch lineup though, I haven't played them...)

I wouldn't say the Wii U is Nintendo's worst console but it may be in line with one of the worst consoles. It was definitely not a console that took off at all, I remember having one and we didn't keep it for long as it was barely played. Nintendo Switch is definitely better than the Wii U but the Wii U is definitely one of the less favourite consoles that Nintendo has released. 

On 4/16/2023 at 3:49 PM, Shortie said:

I wouldn't say the Wii U is Nintendo's worst console but it may be in line with one of the worst consoles. It was definitely not a console that took off at all, I remember having one and we didn't keep it for long as it was barely played. Nintendo Switch is definitely better than the Wii U but the Wii U is definitely one of the less favourite consoles that Nintendo has released. 

The WII U was a very unique concept that was horribly implemented. I agree that it's the worst Nintendo console I have ever owned - the Virtual Boy is the only one I can remember not owning either.