Register Now
The Blackangel

Things that more than enrage you in games

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

I love playing and putting the autosave ON. I simply don't want to use the progress of my game, that's why I keep the autosave ON to stop any issue if regret of losing my game progress. 

I do know that there are some gamers who are very much interested in making use of auto saves more than manual saves. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I do know that there are some gamers who are very much interested in making use of auto saves more than manual saves. 

Very good, and I happen to be one of those gamers that enjoys the autosave progress than the manual save, due to how power can fail me surprisingly. 

9 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Very good, and I happen to be one of those gamers that enjoys the autosave progress than the manual save, due to how power can fail me surprisingly. 

Yeah, I do get that very well because I have been in that kind of situation in the past and it's not something that feels good at all. 

17 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, I do get that very well because I have been in that kind of situation in the past and it's not something that feels good at all. 

That's very nice, you got exactly what I'm saying about. That's why I don't joke with autosave, to avoid such kind of unwanted situation that occurs unexpectedly. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

You can have a back up power source for your games so that it doesn't get shutdown by sudden as a result of power outage. 

On 1/4/2022 at 4:26 PM, Techno said:

I think it was Halo 5, I didn't realize at the time how bad the game truly was. And just like Halo 2 it ended in a cliffhanger. But instead of it being cool, it just sucked. Like, looking back at it now, I only rushed it just to say I played every Halo game. But Halo 5 is awful. Do not play it.

Lol, that's was kind of awful experience for you. I've seen it with the write-up you simply did expressing your dissatisfaction around it's game-play. 

On 1/4/2022 at 6:48 PM, The Blackangel said:

I have no trouble shooting. I've been able to pick off deer from insane distances. I can also hit them in the head while they're running. Not just deer, but small animals like squirrels as well. I don't use the aim assist very often because I'm using either a trick shot or I'm too far away from the animal for aim assist to kick in.

I can't stand autosave. It only saves when you're in the middle of something important, like a gunfight against 10 enemies, throws that damn screen up that tells you autosave has saved your game, and thus causes you to fucking die. The first time I had to deal with that shit I said hell no, and turned it off.

Yeah autosave needs work, but I usually try to manually save instead. Plus this way I can save during certain moments. I have a save on my Xbox that is during that moment with the brother and sister couple who steal from you. I like to reload my save to take them out. 

• Games that make you repeat long sequences just to retry a boss fight at the end.
  • Games that make you watch a long unskippable cutscene again if you die.
  • Unable to pause during cutscenes
  • Unskippable logo animations each time you start the game
  • Jumping from cutscene to QTE without warning
  • Games where everything is permanent and don't give you the opportunity to retry encounters
  • When a game doesn't tell you what you are supposed to be doing
  • Chance based games where the odds are always against you, like if a hit has an expected damage of 100%, I expect the enemy to die in one hit, and not take 5 or more.
  • Forced failures, where you can see it coming from a thousand miles yet you have no choice but to walk into the trap all the same.
  • Games where the story ends in failure or defeat, as in not achieving (or even being closer to) the goal set out at the start of the game.

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Auto saves are a great feature, but as a convenience supplementing manual saves, not as a complete replacement of them.

5 hours ago, m76 said:
  •  
  • Games where the story ends in failure or defeat, as in not achieving (or even being closer to) the goal set out at the start of the game.

It's more like having all your efforts being trashed with a predetermined ending for the game no matter what decisions you take on the gameplay. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah autosave needs work, but I usually try to manually save instead. Plus this way I can save during certain moments. I have a save on my Xbox that is during that moment with the brother and sister couple who steal from you. I like to reload my save to take them out. 

I hate the Aberdeens. But when you wake up in their pit, at least you can go back and kill them, get your money back plus all the rest of the money they had stolen from others.

19 minutes ago, StormyFire said:

I would say that, although it's usually not strictly the game's fault, getting something like a bluescreen or hard freeze that causes progress to be lost is pretty infuriating. 😧

It's more like having glitches affecting one's gameplay. It can be really hard on the gamer because you know very well that it just get you screwed. 

21 hours ago, Boblee said:

You can have a back up power source for your games so that it doesn't get shutdown by sudden as a result of power outage. 

You know exactly what I am suffering due to power outage. Can you suggest me a lasting back up power source which I can use as a makeshift? 

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I hate the Aberdeens. But when you wake up in their pit, at least you can go back and kill them, get your money back plus all the rest of the money they had stolen from others.

I think I have a save before and after the pit. I had fun just going in there before and after, destroying them. I think I have other areas saved too.