Register Now
StaceyPowers

Scientists teach cells to play video games

It keeps making me to laugh hard, no matter how it will be twisted, it's just a robot, you can call cyborg, a person who acts like a machine and a robot that has an organic attributes. They're just robot trained in a professional way to play video games like humans lol. 

On 4/15/2022 at 2:17 PM, Heatman said:

This is even a child's place to what these guys can do now with their invention and technology advancement. I read in article a while back where robots now reproduce.. Like seriously!!!? 

Soon the world would be battling how to combat overpopulation of robots/cyborgs as we are worried about overpopulation of human beings now. 

If you think about it, all of us are nothing but a bunch of cells responding to our environment. Cells group together in function forming tissue, then organs, and all work together forming a system. All of our senses are taken in by receptor cells which relay messages to the brain through electricity of cells. The brain processes information through its network of cells. Parts of the brain has a memory center which again is cells. That is no different from immune system cells that have memory to know how to combat foreign substances in order to protect the system. 

It wouldn't make a difference to have robotic limbs as long as the electricity of cells can trigger movement of special conductors in mechanical parts. As far as organs, only time can tell which of those can be replaced with robotic parts. Hearts can. Maybe eyeballs. You will hear a bit of buzzing sound every time the eye ball moves. Maybe you can set it on auto to have the eyeball follow you around. You can be in a board meeting with a bunch of cyborgs and they can sit there with their heads still and their eyeballs moving around. Creepy. Isn't that what humans do anyways? 

So basically, it's cells that respond to the world. It's not much different than us on here with electronics conducting functions and taking in signals from a satellite. I don't know exactly how internet works. But it seems like magic to me, but it's simply signals and conducting electricity. 

On an even larger scale, Earth may be on its way to be a cybernetic planet. Man will eventually discover ways to control weather, maybe replace the ozone with some sort of mechanical operation; control light from the sun; mechanical dams and river flow; robotic pollinating bees; etc. 

4 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

If you think about it, all of us are nothing but a bunch of cells responding to our environment. Cells group together in function forming tissue, then organs, and all work together forming a system. All of our senses are taken in by receptor cells which relay messages to the brain through electricity of cells. The brain processes information through its network of cells. Parts of the brain has a memory center which again is cells. That is no different from immune system cells that have memory to know how to combat foreign substances in order to protect the system. 

It wouldn't make a difference to have robotic limbs as long as the electricity of cells can trigger movement of special conductors in mechanical parts. As far as organs, only time can tell which of those can be replaced with robotic parts. Hearts can. Maybe eyeballs. You will hear a bit of buzzing sound every time the eye ball moves. Maybe you can set it on auto to have the eyeball follow you around. You can be in a board meeting with a bunch of cyborgs and they can sit there with their heads still and their eyeballs moving around. Creepy. Isn't that what humans do anyways? 

So basically, it's cells that respond to the world. It's not much different than us on here with electronics conducting functions and taking in signals from a satellite. I don't know exactly how internet works. But it seems like magic to me, but it's simply signals and conducting electricity. 

On an even larger scale, Earth may be on its way to be a cybernetic planet. Man will eventually discover ways to control weather, maybe replace the ozone with some sort of mechanical operation; control light from the sun; mechanical dams and river flow; robotic pollinating bees; etc. 

Doesn't all that scare you? Because as for me, it creeps me out completely. It may look nice but the negative side of it will be very problematic. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Doesn't all that scare you? Because as for me, it creeps me out completely. It may look nice but the negative side of it will be very problematic. 

That's what humans do though. We are obsessed with creating. We want power and innovation to make lives easier at the expense of natural existence itself. Gaming is the forefront of man's innovation now as we enter the stage of wiring our own cells to that of technology to become one. ahhh hahahha "We're all mad here"

8 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

That's what humans do though. We are obsessed with creating. We want power and innovation to make lives easier at the expense of natural existence itself. Gaming is the forefront of man's innovation now as we enter the stage of wiring our own cells to that of technology to become one. ahhh hahahha "We're all mad here"

"We're all mad here"

This one really got me laughing out loud but in reality, it's the truth what you say and sometimes, I fear that these innovation would be the end of us one day, it's not that I look forward to it but it's how the patterns is shaped.