Register Now
StaceyPowers

Young people are being exposed to white supremacy in multiplayer games

VR is beginning to show the big problems in that area with hate speech and virtual groping. And it's easy for players to single out others to try and recruit or harass as a racial predator. I don't know how they are supposed to monitor things like that. What words or acts should trigger a ban? I think that game rooms should have security personnel in there posing as a gamer. 

On 1/4/2022 at 4:38 PM, The Blackangel said:

Why am I not surprised? The thought hadn't occurred to me that they may be spreading their disease through online games. Why it hadn't, I don't know. It should have been obvious.

I am not big on multiplayer and I have not ran across it. 
This thought had not occurred to me at all. It should have been obvious thought. Instead of spreading there ironic bigoted hateful views in life they are spreading it where many young people are active. 

VR is beginning to show the big problems in that area with hate speech and virtual groping. And it's easy for players to single out others to try and recruit or harass as a racial predator. I don't know how they are supposed to monitor things like that. What words or acts should trigger a ban? I think that game rooms should have security personnel in there posing as a gamer. 

How are you suppose to monitor something like that?
That is a great idea. That would not solve the problem in its entirety but would certainly help. 

As a 28 y/o, pretty new to oculus. I am shocked with the amount of toxicity and other language op has mentioned actually polluting vr multilayer. And it seems it is mostly kids that are doing this. Really puts me off staying on any one game for too long. Just getting worse then better

I am aware about the issues of white supremacy. However, I don't think it is appropriate to see everything with the lens of race.We should like artists (those who create characters) explore their creativity.

On 3/21/2022 at 1:19 AM, Justin11 said:

Alot of filtering is needed to get rid of all hateful speeches around online gaming or reducing it at least. Their is no one who will be comfortable seeing online gaming being influenced by toxic gamers. 

There is always going to be toxic gamers as we also have some fans on other sports that use hateful speeches when the emotions are high.

8 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

There is always going to be toxic gamers as we also have some fans on other sports that use hateful speeches when the emotions are high.

Correct, such kind of persons can't disappear, you'll forever see them. Humans are not perfect, such can make anyone toxic, but I try to control my emotions to stay clean. 

To the best of my knowledge white supremacy have been a very serious problem for a while and it's getting worst as the day goes by. I recently joined a community called 6zeros where a lot the issue caused by white supremacy is discussed. 

Such is viable when it comes to online gaming, that's the reason most gamers avoid playing games with their fellow gamers online to avoid any form of hate speeches. I wouldn't love to receive such all the time, it boils my heart, racial abuse is a sin, we don't need it everywhere not just in gaming. 

On 3/3/2022 at 1:05 PM, Empire said:

As a 28 y/o, pretty new to oculus. I am shocked with the amount of toxicity and other language op has mentioned actually polluting vr multilayer. And it seems it is mostly kids that are doing this. Really puts me off staying on any one game for too long. Just getting worse then better

Seriously, it's been going off the rails for years and it keeps getting worst by the day. Why or what's happening to this generation of gamers?