Register Now
StaceyPowers

Video games might relieve depression in older adults

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

Money is money for me, there is nothing like the right source of money in my opinion. It takes a lot to make money and with that being said, whom it doesn't work for, it wouldn't. 

You're somewhat right, it takes real hard work to earn any amount of money. That's why when you have it you've added more happiness to your life. 

Dealing with depression in adolescent ages is different from how it is handled in adults/elderly people. I always advise people who tell me about them being depressed to always try something new, get a routine, fight negative thoughts and take on some responsibility. They will definitely get better because playing just games wouldn't be enough. 

3 minutes ago, egghead said:

When I am disturbed, I play games and after 1 hour of gaming, I feel relaxed.

You know that being disturbed as you put it is far different from being depressed right? They aren't the same thing at all. 

3 minutes ago, Boblee said:

You know that being disturbed as you put it is far different from being depressed right? They aren't the same thing at all. 

Disturbed and depressed are two different things. Feeling depressed and suffering from depression are also two different things.

1 hour ago, egghead said:

Disturbed and depressed are two different things. Feeling depressed and suffering from depression are also two different things.

I think that feeling depressed and suffering from depression are the same thing mate but I'm willing to be schooled on this if you think not. 

Video games needs you to be concentrated and gets you involved in the process. You cannot distract - your eyes and hands are busy during game. So it a double stimulation.

But what to do when your favorite game is over? It could be a reason for a deep sadness...

14 minutes ago, Cortyie said:

Video games needs you to be concentrated and gets you involved in the process. You cannot distract - your eyes and hands are busy during game. So it a double stimulation.

But what to do when your favorite game is over? It could be a reason for a deep sadness...

That's why there are millions of games out there if not more, so you can always have another favorite game and hit it right off with it. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

That's why there are millions of games out there if not more, so you can always have another favorite game and hit it right off with it. 

I am so involved in the story. Ending the game for me is like stopping talking to my best friend. You want more, but you already know all his answers

3 hours ago, Cortyie said:

I am so involved in the story. Ending the game for me is like stopping talking to my best friend. You want more, but you already know all his answers

Yeah, some games are like when it comes to how much they impact and imprint on you. Take for instance how I was imprinted on by Red Dead Redemption 2 especially by the character of Arthur. 

RDR-2 it's full of inspiration, I was full of awe when I watched through a gamer for the first time playing it. That was how I got into playing it, I played it first time in PS3. I am yet to play for PS4, such really eased my stress back then and improved my life span, because I was happy playing the game xD.