Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you feel about the “metaverse?”

On 1/31/2022 at 2:32 AM, skyfire said:

I think outside facebook control, everyone wants those decentralized metaverse and wish to avoid facebook made products.

I'm the biggest advocate of this - Facebook is so intrusive. Bunch of weirdos just collecting all your data.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:33 AM, skyfire said:

I think at it's current state metaverses based on blockchains are nothing but the ghetto of microtransaction. there isn't any free place to explore. everything is behind paywall type. facebook wont be different either. 

Is that going to be sustainable? That is the question to ask when asking gamers to pay for everything. 

On 4/15/2022 at 2:16 PM, Zesty said:

I think the meta verse is a pretty dumb idea and I definitely won't be joining a meta verse by Facebook.

Same here mate - it's a good thing that it's crumbling apart. I just hope the whole thing collapses and Facebook takes a huge hit.

Virtual worlds like this will never truly take until technology allows it to work faster than “old” methods. People aren’t going to strap a device to their head, be a goofy avatar, wrestle with VR controls, hope to god the UI is intuitive, and then sit there and have some meeting with shit audio and video when they could just open their laptop, be in the meeting and drink real life coffee and comfortably sit with nothing on their head in less than a minute.

Much like 3D-room internet browsers from the early 2000s… neat idea - absolute shit controls and support.

Honestly I don't know yet. Has it even come out yet or started? I feel like they haven't done anything with it yet. I see no promo for it. 

I'm willing to see what it's like. I have a feeling it's just going to be like playstation home. Where you can create your own digital home. See ads, and status updates in a virtual lobby with your virtual avatars of friends and family.