Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is VR something humans will ever totally be comfortable functioning in?

I think some people will live in their virtual worlds, but I don't think we'll ever get to a point where everyone will be living in a virtual world where we don't come out of it. I do think that VR will end up being a way to escape from reality, but I don't think it's good for people to stay in for too long. At least not yet. 

But, I think we'll inevitably will see some communities form to start their own VR community. I could see that happening more than us all living in a virtual world. It'll be more about bring communities together I hope. 

8 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

They probably asked the same question when automobiles came out. Maybe headsets will come with a replaceable pack of Scopalamine. 

I remember hearing how people thought the internet would he a fad. VR is not a fad though, and I don't think VR is going away anytime soon.

Personally, I feel nothing beats reality and no matter how real VR would feel or look and its experience is , you cant totally sideline the real world experience of actually doing those activities you find in VR in the real world.

Could part of it be that people are naturally lazy and thus prefer games that don't require much movement when relaxing? Throught the decades we've had many different implementations of motion controls have come and gone from the eye toy for playstation, kinect for xbox, the wii for nintendo. The two control schemes that have lasted through them all are the handheld game controller that only requires you to move your fingers and keyboard and mouse which requires moving only your wrist or lower arm depending on your style.

Even if I found it so fun, their are others who doesn't understand how VR operates. And most of them are just frightened about the activities and possible effects of going into VR. I don't see it as something humans will get aquatinted with.  

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Even if I found it so fun, their are others who doesn't understand how VR operates. And most of them are just frightened about the activities and possible effects of going into VR. I don't see it as something humans will get aquatinted with.  

I can't imagine it'd be tough to get aquatinted with. I think many people, even elderly and people who don't know tech, would like to try VR at some point. Some people may be scared to play horror games on VR, but I don't think there are that many who are scared of VR. 

37 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I can't imagine it'd be tough to get aquatinted with. I think many people, even elderly and people who don't know tech, would like to try VR at some point. Some people may be scared to play horror games on VR, but I don't think there are that many who are scared of VR. 

If everyone gets around VR, I don't see my parents going into it. Their displeasure around video game and such kind of high level tech doesn't impress them much, they just want to continue in analog way and not go fully digital.