Register Now
StaceyPowers

Is VR something humans will ever totally be comfortable functioning in?

As I've said a few times in the past, VR as we know it isn't going to be the future of gaming or just one of the main means of interfacing with it. To me it's a tossup between Augmented Reality (AR) and something not yet been announced/discovered. VR's been around for a long time and its development is too slow. By the time the tech reaches such a stage that we can be totally comfortable functioning with (and that day may yet come), it'll be long outdated.

That said, I hope the immediate problems with VR come to an end soon such as the pricing, unwieldiness, migraines and eye strain.

Edited by Withywarlock

Even if I wasn't predisposed towards vertigo, current VR headsets look enormous and uncomfortable for someone that's a 5-foot tall woman with a tiny head. I'm literally wearing a set of child-size glasses right now. 

9 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

As I've said a few times in the past, VR as we know it isn't going to be the future of gaming or just one of the main means of interfacing with it. To me it's a tossup between Augmented Reality (AR) and something not yet been announced/discovered. VR's been around for a long time and its development is too slow. By the time the tech reaches such a stage that we can be totally comfortable functioning with (and that day may yet come), it'll be long outdated.

That said, I hope the immediate problems with VR come to an end soon such as the pricing, unwieldiness, migraines and eye strain.

I think VR is going to be around a very long time. AR I don't see happening for a while, as I can't see anyone being able to afford something like it. So they'd have to find a way to make it affordable. But, I guess VR isn't that affordable either, but when I hear AR, I feel like that's going to take a lot more to work, and in turn, will probably cost a lot. 

I think VR will be used for a lot more than just personal use. Think about the other applications. Maybe it can recreate a drivers test, or teach you how to fly a plane without having to use an actual plane. I can see that saving money for people who want to learn something, but can't use the actual device to learn it. 

And I can see VR being used in classroom settings more often. Especially to take tests and go to class. 

Already VR is defining the odds, if it isn't something magnificent and beneficial enough in other aspects of life, people wouldn't have considered it today. I can't wait to get into VR and meet different people I never met before in real life. 

I just watched an episode of Community, during season 6, back in like 2013-2014 or so, I don't remember, they talk about how VR is dead, or dying. Which I found funny, as now they're even more popular, and becoming even more affordable. It's crazy to think that not that long ago people thought it was going to be a fad or something. I think it's here to stay. 

On 7/13/2022 at 6:27 PM, Justin11 said:

Already VR is defining the odds, if it isn't something magnificent and beneficial enough in other aspects of life, people wouldn't have considered it today. I can't wait to get into VR and meet different people I never met before in real life. 

It has defined the odds and has done well for a while now. I probably thought when VR first became popular, that it was going to fail or something. But I don't think I ever really felt that way. Because I probably thought it was cool when I first heard about it. But I probably could have seen from then on, that VR was going to be around for a long time. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I just watched an episode of Community, during season 6, back in like 2013-2014 or so, I don't remember, they talk about how VR is dead, or dying. Which I found funny, as now they're even more popular, and becoming even more affordable. It's crazy to think that not that long ago people thought it was going to be a fad or something. I think it's here to stay. 

It has defined the odds and has done well for a while now. I probably thought when VR first became popular, that it was going to fail or something. But I don't think I ever really felt that way. Because I probably thought it was cool when I first heard about it. But I probably could have seen from then on, that VR was going to be around for a long time. 

Definitely it will be around long time. For people to utilize aspects of VR to make money, then it shows how in-demand VR has become. Take a look at the projects around NFTs, they're so huge.