Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Invest in Metaverse Stock?

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

The real question for me is that whether there wasn't anything that could have been done to avoid this from happening? 

I don't think so because I have completely forgot about the Frances Haugen whistleblower scandal recently where Facebook profited by contributing to the spread of misinformation and Facebook has lost users for the first time. Add to that Apple's privacy changes makes for a $10 billion loss; and antitrust investigation. Those things added to a 4th quarter loss, which led to the huge loss on Thursday. Why such a panic happened that caused the stock to sink that bad, I don't know. I think the future is bright with Oculus and Meta isn't going anywhere, but what happened with the stock is a clear warning sign that Meta needs more than a name change. 

On 1/4/2022 at 5:51 PM, DC said:

In my opinion, the best companies to invest in for the MetaVerse are probably Facebook, NVDA, and Roblox.

Yeah, Facebook's Meta will come good eventually even though the initial launch was such a flop. I don't know much about Roblox so I can't comment on that.

On 2/5/2022 at 6:42 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I don't think so because I have completely forgot about the Frances Haugen whistleblower scandal recently where Facebook profited by contributing to the spread of misinformation and Facebook has lost users for the first time. Add to that Apple's privacy changes makes for a $10 billion loss; and antitrust investigation. Those things added to a 4th quarter loss, which led to the huge loss on Thursday. Why such a panic happened that caused the stock to sink that bad, I don't know. I think the future is bright with Oculus and Meta isn't going anywhere, but what happened with the stock is a clear warning sign that Meta needs more than a name change. 

Eventually, I have a very good reason to believe that they will definitely do what's good for their business and it's self preservation at anything that it's going to cost. 

It isn't new about mega businesses/companies losing so much within some moment in their business run in. Apple gonna recover surely, they knows how to manage a business, that's why they got new developments around like Meta, and Oculus to help them drive in more finance and so on. 

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, Facebook's Meta will come good eventually even though the initial launch was such a flop. I don't know much about Roblox so I can't comment on that.

Mark Zuckerberg always have a way of turning things around for his company. This isn't going to take long for him. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Mark Zuckerberg always have a way of turning things around for his company. This isn't going to take long for him. 

I really hated that man Mark Zuckerberg since the outcome of Cambridge Analytical case and his involvement in it. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

I really hated that man Mark Zuckerberg since the outcome of Cambridge Analytical case and his involvement in it. 

Seriously, I never believed that Mark Zuckerberg was capable of doing that but it's clearly obvious that they all love money and are always greedy. 

On 2/14/2022 at 5:47 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, I never believed that Mark Zuckerberg was capable of doing that but it's clearly obvious that they all love money and are always greedy. 

I mean, he's been tried for the same thing a couple of occasions before and has accusations even before that, plus he looks and acts like a freaking AI program. There's no way I'd trust him.