Register Now
Kane99

Studios under EA still deserve respect

I know I talk a lot of shit about EA and how awful they are, but there are good studios that are stuck with them. Even though EA is an awful publisher, I still want to support the studios under them. Because even though they're stuck under EA, some great games still get released by them. It takes two is one that immediately come to mind. 

Hazelight Studios, the developers you're referring to, aren't owned by Electronic Arts. They were given money and office space at DICE to develop their games as part of an initiative to support independent developers (which, err, are no longer independent) but have not yet been acquired.

Even so, I'm sure for every studio that has a good game published under the EA Originals initiative, there's probably another studio that one deserves its critics through no fault of the publisher. BioWare, for instance.

Imagine, the company that literally sucks the soul out of video games claiming they’re doing the gaming world justice. It’s amazing that this popped up because I was just thinking about how EA’s business approach to video games makes some of the blandest and soulless content I’ve ever seen.

Is the first time I'm hearing this, that EA have some independent publishers that operate under their studio, which has enabled the independent publishers to develop wonderful video games. If so, then EA deserves credit for given chance to those publishers to carryout their operations. 

On 1/6/2022 at 1:32 PM, Empire said:

Imagine, the company that literally sucks the soul out of video games claiming they’re doing the gaming world justice. It’s amazing that this popped up because I was just thinking about how EA’s business approach to video games makes some of the blandest and soulless content I’ve ever seen.

Electronic Arts will always be Electronic Arts, and their practices will never change in the future because it's part and parcel of their make up. 

On 1/6/2022 at 1:32 PM, Empire said:

Electronic Arts will always be Electronic Arts, and their practices will never change in the future because it's part and parcel of their make up. 

On 1/9/2022 at 10:44 AM, Boblee said:

There games won't chnage then. on that note. Meaning how they do things. 

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

For acting in a generous manner and allowing some smaller companies/devs who couldn't afford a studio to build their game deserves credit. 

Are you being serious about this right now? Anyways, you're a big fan of EA and their games, so I'm not really that surprised. 

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

Are you being serious about this right now? Anyways, you're a big fan of EA and their games, so I'm not really that surprised. 

I am not a big fan of EA like that, just that I encourage good games, with what I saw they acted benevolently by allowing other companies use their gaming studio in making their own games. 

40 minutes ago, Heatman said:

As far as I'm concerned, gone are the days when EA would lay any kind of claims for them to be respected because they have sold it all for the money. 

I completely stand with you on this point because EA have been so about the money that they aren't seeing any other thing. 

13 hours ago, Boblee said:

I completely stand with you on this point because EA have been so about the money that they aren't seeing any other thing. 

Sadly, they have an incredible fan base that's going to stand with them no matter what kind of trash they make with their use of microtransactions in their games. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Sadly, they have an incredible fan base that's going to stand with them no matter what kind of trash they make with their use of microtransactions in their games. 

To be very honest with you, it's something in fact the only thing that's been keeping them going for years now.