Register Now
Kane99

When should game nights occur for communities?

I work for an online community and we do game events often. I was curious though, what days of the week would you suggest doing a game night? We mostly do Friday or Saturday nights. But also done Sundays. Weekdays are a bit tough because people work. But what would you suggest?

I tend to stick with smaller communities where everyone knows each other on a first name basis and can adequately remember things mentioned in conversation, so that usually requires people to have relatable lifestyles. Weekends work best for my D&D group because we've all got those off mostly, but due to time-zones (one of our players is in Idaho, another Poland, and one who's between England and the US) it can be a bit difficult for us to schedule sessions and the amount of time we can spend for activities.

Honestly, it's tough to find time and compromise is hard. I'm grateful for any time I can spend with my group; how many are there who only get to play D&D at conventions, after all? ^^

If I was me then I say from 7pm till 10pm 🙂 Then again it's time zones and based where you are and on what members are from you know. Just think how long you want the game night to be on for. And how late you want to go on for. Most people have work for the next day and 10pm seems the right place to stop.