Register Now
Kane99

Should the next GTA have a female main character?

I don't think we'll have another 3 main characters again, its novelty is long over. I suspect at the very least we might have a female companion character, or a DLC with a female lead, but I'm not so sure the protagonist will be. I'd like for there to be, I think a female avatar could provide some commentary that only a good female voice actor could deliver on, but then would the next instalment of Grand Theft Auto have the bite to pull off such satire?

59 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

I don't think we'll have another 3 main characters again, its novelty is long over. I suspect at the very least we might have a female companion character, or a DLC with a female lead, but I'm not so sure the protagonist will be. I'd like for there to be, I think a female avatar could provide some commentary that only a good female voice actor could deliver on, but then would the next instalment of Grand Theft Auto have the bite to pull off such satire?

In order to keep the satire, it would probably be a Japanese woman and the story taking place in a large Chinatown. I was thinking Tokyo, Japan itself, but it will be hard to pull off the satire without as much diversity in another country. And a city resembling somewhere in the USA is simply fertile ground for extreme comedy. I've thought about it, and I say they go all in on the satire. Comedy is the remedy in puke infested waters. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

There's been talk again about the next gta having a female main character. Do you think the next GTA will feature a female lead? Or maybe we'll get 3 main characters like in GTA V. What do you think?

There will be quite a lot of controversies using a female because what about doing drugs and wake up in your underwear? Or what strip club would she go to??? lol. And what prostitute would they pick up? The only place I've ever seen man whores was in Vegas. 😆It could take place in Vegas I guess, but there is a lot of desert and ghost towns. So i don't see that working. 

No game is for one gender. Any game is for any gender, it's just a matter of if it appeals to one or the other. A female protagonist could be interesting, but they'd have to have a bit of a thought out backstory so it's both not stereotypical or too boring for a female character. Yet so far has always been a main male cast 🙂 

But should not have femle cast, I don't think so. 

As long as it is good. I hate how they slap people in for the sake of diversity and don't make them good characters.

Like I just want good characters, good characters can come from anywhere.

Edited by Techno

On 1/6/2022 at 4:56 PM, m76 said:

No, I think it should have a custom character creator where each player can chose whatever they want.

Seriously, this solves the problem of choice and preferences for most people as you get to set up your main character to way that best suits your needs.