Register Now
Kane99

How much money should new games cost?

With the fact that some games are now $70 new in the US, what prices do you think are fair? It used to be $60, and it is for some new games. But back in the ps1 days i remembered games being like $40 new, at least for ps1. 

What price do you feel comfortable with for new games? 

Since new games are full of bugs, they should have free a demo of gameplay. Giving us a taste can justify the $60 price range. And if we decide that it's full of bugs, then they need to drop the price in order to get sales. The higher in price they go, the more we should demand guarantees. We need completed and not broken or bug rigged games. $70 is too high for games that just came out w/o DLC. If they want that much then they need to include free memberships for online gaming and discounts. They want to treat a game like gold, then how about you polish my disc up if it gets scratched. You want to treat a game like a forever running electronic and jack up the price, then give me a 4 year warranty of unbugged play or get my money back or a different game. If they treat gaming as a burdensome luxury, they will lose business and their audience will only be the wealthy class. 

If we're being honest? Probably somewhere between $20 and a hundred. I know it sounds wide, but there are many months where I just don't see anything I'd really like - maybe an indie here and there, but overall, meh. But cost of games are always like $50 - $80 - $120 mark. 

With most new titles that we all know about are alwaus $50. waste too much money trying to make super high def graphics and particle effects and all that shit, and it costs a lot to make and render and such. They could save money by making better stylistic choices instead of trying to make everything super real.

3 hours ago, m76 said:

$45-50

I'm not paying $60 for games, let alone $70. I can wait. As I'm still waiting for Mass Effect Legendary edition to drop to a price I'm willing to pay for games I already own.

I've paused from buying games, I'm just saving up for PC, I don't have appetite to buy games that are expensive and simply empty. Most of the games are just expensive lack vibes. 

On 1/6/2022 at 5:00 PM, m76 said:

$45-50

I'm not paying $60 for games, let alone $70. I can wait. As I'm still waiting for Mass Effect Legendary edition to drop to a price I'm willing to pay for games I already own.

It's really frustrating that games are getting more costly by the day.. It doesn't make life easy for gamers. Call of Duty Vanguard is at $80 I guess for now. 

On 1/6/2022 at 11:00 AM, m76 said:

$45-50

Same. I haven't purchased a game new in a while. I think I did get a few games new, but they were already cheaper. I just can't justify $60 or even $70 most of the time for a lot of the games. Hell, GTA remastered came out for $60 and we all know how much of a mess that turned out to be. 😞 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Same. I haven't purchased a game new in a while. I think I did get a few games new, but they were already cheaper. I just can't justify $60 or even $70 most of the time for a lot of the games. Hell, GTA remastered came out for $60 and we all know how much of a mess that turned out to be. 😞 

Yeah, it's one game that still pisses me off whenever I do remember it because it wasn't anywhere close the worth of the game with the trash they did. 

On 1/9/2022 at 11:45 AM, Boblee said:

It's really frustrating that games are getting more costly by the day.. It doesn't make life easy for gamers. Call of Duty Vanguard is at $80 I guess for now. 

I didn't even buy modern warfare 2019 because of the price.

£50-£60 for new generation games are a fair price and I would be happy to pay that. Anymore and it starts to get a bit too high. There are still a few developers that I would be happy to pay more for but it's very rare. Even with Rockstar not doing much for single player games, I would happily pay £100 for the next GTA. They've never disappointed me with a GTA title.

8 hours ago, Darth said:

£50-£60 for new generation games are a fair price and I would be happy to pay that. Anymore and it starts to get a bit too high. There are still a few developers that I would be happy to pay more for but it's very rare. Even with Rockstar not doing much for single player games, I would happily pay £100 for the next GTA. They've never disappointed me with a GTA title.

It's interesting to hear get the info about your passion around GTA series. I love GTA series too, especially the GTA 5 edition. Even though I never played it much, I am simply in love with the series. 

I wonder if we're just going to end up going the way of gamepass, where everything will be subscription based. I'm honestly okay with that if I can pay a small fee to play a good amount of games. We'll probably end up seeing less and less of physical games released too. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I wonder if we're just going to end up going the way of gamepass, where everything will be subscription based. I'm honestly okay with that if I can pay a small fee to play a good amount of games. We'll probably end up seeing less and less of physical games released too. 

I would be happy with it as well. Since the PS5 is my main console, having the Game Pass for the Xbox is just amazing because it means I don't have to waste money buying games. Just paying a subscription fee and being able to try out a lot of different games is just amazing.