Register Now
StormyFire

Overclocking

On 3/18/2022 at 1:35 PM, Empire said:

When it comes to OC it will start to warm up more then at stock, that's why having an good AIO or other cooling methord to keep it cool. The cooling the CPU the more performance you get out of it 🙂 

some decent air cooler that's from Noctua can also help 😛

18 hours ago, Patrik said:

some decent air cooler that's from Noctua can also help 😛

I use Corsair gear for AIO and cooling fans 🙂 No idea but I always liked there stuff and there gear. 

On 4/3/2022 at 7:29 AM, skyfire said:

Tom's hardware also covers some of the overclocking specific CPUs and also some of the tests on which you can try them out.

whenever i check an overclocking guide there i feel disappointed as they always recommed a decent cpu cooler as an advice 😞

14 hours ago, Patrik said:

whenever i check an overclocking guide there i feel disappointed as they always recommed a decent cpu cooler as an advice 😞

Haha well that's a given considering overclocking needs cooling solution as is and they want to make money off the advice and affiliates.

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

Haha well that's a given considering overclocking needs cooling solution as is and they want to make money off the advice and affiliates.

overclocking can also save your old cpu as those extra GH's help sometimes 😛

4 hours ago, Patrik said:

overclocking can also save your old cpu as those extra GH's help sometimes 😛

Overclocking with more recent PCs is so negligible - the price to risk factor is definitely not worth it all. There's a reason major CPU manufacturers aren't granting access to it by default unless there's enough demand.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Overclocking with more recent PCs is so negligible - the price to risk factor is definitely not worth it all. There's a reason major CPU manufacturers aren't granting access to it by default unless there's enough demand.

overclocking older PC's too is just easy too sometimes, it depends on the platform you're dealing with, for example X58 CPU's from intel are easy to overclock (i own a X5670 tho)

and yeah, overclocking comes for a price as well such as higher temperatures, higher power consumption and of course the risk of getting your cpu cooked if you aren't aware of what you're doing 😛

5 hours ago, Patrik said:

overclocking older PC's too is just easy too sometimes, it depends on the platform you're dealing with, for example X58 CPU's from intel are easy to overclock (i own a X5670 tho)

and yeah, overclocking comes for a price as well such as higher temperatures, higher power consumption and of course the risk of getting your cpu cooked if you aren't aware of what you're doing 😛

With older PCs, the performance gain from overclocking was far more noticeable so many more people had an incentive to overclock their gaming PCs back then. Plus, PC parts were far cheaper then compared to now so the risk wasn't as severe as now.