Register Now
Kane99

How's the Cobra Kai video game?

I'm thinking of getting the cobra kai video game, but was wondering if anyone here has played it? If so, is it worth grabbing? I just finished season 4 of the show, so want more of it. Figured I'd look into the game. 

In future @Kane99, if you make topics like this can you please post a link to the game in question? Having done my research I now know of at least 2 video games based on Cobra Kai that exist, so you see why it's important to link specifically what you're referring to. A little common sense isn't much to ask for.

I'm going to assume you mean this game that released on major consoles and PC in October 2020;

Honestly, I think it looks terrible. A generic and rather choppy beat-em-up with some god awful graphics that I think is trying to be a spiritual successor to The Karate Kid on NES.

It does kind of make sense to do that given that the Cobra Kai TV show is a follow up to the Karate Kid movies, but The Karate Kid game was awful! Why wouldn't you just try something different? I think people would have been fine if you didn't try quite that hard to follow what had come before!

Edited by Shagger

id like to see an actual proper game made but you get to play through all the movies and then all the seasons of cobra kai, that would be incredible and i honestly think it would sell extremely well because who doesn't love a great fighting game. This game looks you could play it on a Sony Ericcson

I did not even know a cobra kai game came out. 

id like to see an actual proper game made but you get to play through all the movies and then all the seasons of cobra kai, that would be incredible and i honestly think it would sell extremely well because who doesn't love a great fighting game. This game looks you could play it on a Sony Ericcson

Yes. That is a great idea. 
I love the karate kids movie and Cobra Kai. That would be super fun to play. 
Or you can create a student and join any dojo of your choice. 
-- 
The trailer for the game is great. The game itself is ehh. I agree with Shagger that it looks generic. 

--- 
The karate kid on NES looks great. 🙂

On 1/8/2022 at 12:12 PM, Shagger said:

In future @Kane99, if you make topics like this can you please post a link to the game in question? Having done my research I now know of at least 2 video games based on Cobra Kai that exist, so you see why it's important to link specifically what you're referring to. A little common sense isn't much to ask for.

I'm going to assume you mean this game that released on major consoles and PC in October 2020;

Honestly, I think it looks terrible. A generic and rather choppy beat-em-up with some god awful graphics that I think is trying to be a spiritual successor to The Karate Kid on NES.

It does kind of make sense to do that given that the Cobra Kai TV show is a follow up to the Karate Kid movies, but The Karate Kid game was awful! Why wouldn't you just try something different? I think people would have been fine if you didn't try quite that hard to follow what had come before!

Will do. But considering there is no other game, form of media to do with Cobra Kai aside from the show, I assumed people would make the connection. 

4 hours ago, Altair said:

I did not even know a cobra kai game came out. 

Yes. That is a great idea. 
I love the karate kids movie and Cobra Kai. That would be super fun to play. 
Or you can create a student and join any dojo of your choice. 
-- 
The trailer for the game is great. The game itself is ehh. I agree with Shagger that it looks generic. 

--- 
The karate kid on NES looks great. 🙂

Idk, I think taking place during the competition would suffice. But I guess pitting you through scenarios throughout the movies and series could work.