Register Now
Kane99

Dying light 2's story said to be 500 hours long

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They seem to focus more on quantity but I hope the quality didn't suffer because of it. Those 420 hours better be worth it because there's no reason for the game to be that long unless it's broken up into multiple DLCs. 

When I was not in employment, education or training (NEET) I couldn't spend 500 hours on a game, so I'm genuinely baffled with all these requests for triple-digits of content. Even games I have managed to get over 100 hours in tend to be because they're idle in the background (Tropico 4), or I've got numerous playthroughs out of them (Total War: Warhammer II.)

You're right about DLC though. If you manage to earn the market's demands for more content after an exceedingly good game, then I can see how DLC adds to it (see expansion packs.) But until the game's out I can't appreciate the quality, and can only assume after myriad examples of filler out there, that this is only going to be a matter of quantity.

On 1/9/2022 at 3:50 PM, Kane99 said:

Wow, I can't complain. The more game you have the better. The new Dying light will have a 500 hour long story. Or it's estimated to take that long. 

Read this news here: https://www.ign.com/articles/dying-light-2-will-take-at-least-500-hours-to-fully-complete?

This is definitely too much if you ask me. They might end up messing up the game as a result of over carry. There should be a good limit. 

Dying Light 2 is getting positive reviews, which means players are loving. However, I am not playing the game as I am no longer interested in horror games or zombie games. I was not aware that 500 hours game play was reduced to 420 hours

On 1/9/2022 at 9:50 AM, Kane99 said:

Wow, I can't complain. The more game you have the better. The new Dying light will have a 500 hour long story. Or it's estimated to take that long. 

Read this news here: https://www.ign.com/articles/dying-light-2-will-take-at-least-500-hours-to-fully-complete?

I have never heard of Dying Light until now. I feel like 500 hours is a very long time for a game. With this being said, either they've added a ton of things that probably shouldn't be included in the game, or they've done an amazing job and they've spent a ton of time putting it together. Either way, I will check it out to see what I think of it. Thanks for sharing. 

12 hours ago, egghead said:

Dying Light 2 is getting positive reviews, which means players are loving. However, I am not playing the game as I am no longer interested in horror games or zombie games. I was not aware that 500 hours game play was reduced to 420 hours

Definitely, it's supposed to offer up something good to the gamers looking at what came out with Dying Light initial release. 

6 hours ago, dfarmer2001 said:

I have never heard of Dying Light until now. I feel like 500 hours is a very long time for a game. With this being said, either they've added a ton of things that probably shouldn't be included in the game, or they've done an amazing job and they've spent a ton of time putting it together. Either way, I will check it out to see what I think of it. Thanks for sharing. 

You can especially check the reviews of the game on IGN or WatchMojo. I'm very sure that you will find everything you need from it. 

On 1/28/2022 at 3:29 PM, killamch89 said:

500 hours?! - Is that including the DLCs? I don't know how they'd even accomplish that in the base game without adding lots of side quest and other filler missions. Btw, We always hear all kinds of rumors about what will be in Dying light 2 - What I want to know is when is this game going to come out? It keeps getting pushed back EVERY YEAR.

The talks about the game having a 500 hours time play makes it to be one of the most talked about game right now. This is good for their business as some gamers that enjoy playing for long will wish to preorder when it's time. 

On 2/9/2022 at 6:26 PM, Heatman said:

500 hours or more in just one game? What are they going to have filled in the game for God sake? Are they trying to kill us for complaining of lack of gameplay in the past? 

This is the time you will play the game and wish that it ends soon. I can't complain as long as each scene is interesting to play.

1 hour ago, Knight Barida said:

This is the time you will play the game and wish that it ends soon. I can't complain as long as each scene is interesting to play.

Yeah, once it's that interesting and intense, you wouldn't mind how long it takes for you to complete the video game. Some gamers don't even care about it at all. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, once it's that interesting and intense, you wouldn't mind how long it takes for you to complete the video game. Some gamers don't even care about it at all. 

Even if that is going to take a lot of days without eating, I believe it is always worth it to try!