Register Now
Kane99

People who threw away their game boxes/cases

I know most people usually tossed the game boxes for NES, SNES games and other cardboard based games. Most people didn't think to keep the cases, because they thought they were meant to be tossed away. But, some people did save them, and good thing they did, because otherwise we wouldn't have any games out there with available boxes and inserts. 

Anyway, did you know anyone who threw those boxes away, but also threw away the cases for CD/DVD games? I didn't know anyone who did that, but I could see some people just keeping the discs. I knew kids who had binders full of games, and I don't know if they tossed the cases (I doubt it), but I'm sure a lot of them were lost due to neglect lol.

14 minutes ago, Boblee said:

My friend literally didn't put back any of the CDs of games he got for his Playstation 1 once they are out. It's why most of the games damaged easily and became unreadable. 

lol I knew many who did that. They would leave their discs out on the console itself or on a shelf out of its case. I don't know how many times I saw a friends game collection with cases damaged and without the covers. Some people just don't take care of their games. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

lol I knew many who did that. They would leave their discs out on the console itself or on a shelf out of its case. I don't know how many times I saw a friends game collection with cases damaged and without the covers. Some people just don't take care of their games. 

Seriously, that's the case with my friend. He doesn't give a damn about what happens with the game CDs once it's out of the console. 

On 1/19/2022 at 9:16 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I've tossed most of my game boxes/cases by now. Price of living in a tiny space.

Seriously, that's definitely going to be a challenging situation for one living in a tiny space. The boxes are garbage for the person. 

On 1/19/2022 at 3:16 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I've tossed most of my game boxes/cases by now. Price of living in a tiny space.

I know a friend of mine had to get rid of most of his cases/boxes when he moved in with his wife. He had binders of discs and boxes full of games stacked away in the garage. Felt awful for him. 

On 1/21/2022 at 4:07 PM, Kane99 said:

I know a friend of mine had to get rid of most of his cases/boxes when he moved in with his wife. He had binders of discs and boxes full of games stacked away in the garage. Felt awful for him. 

Some people knew from onset that it's what they are signing up once they get married. If the woman never liked gaming, you are definitely getting rid of them.