Register Now
Kane99

New South Park Video Game Reveals Developer

I'm always for new South Park games. I enjoyed the Stick of Truth, but never played The Fractured But Whole yet, I want to, but I'm kinda wanting an action game, or adventure game in the South Park world. I don't mind the RPG/Turn based gameplay of the other games, but I want something different. 

Supposedly the new game is going to be done by South Park Studios, but the people who done the previous games are working for them now, so we could get another RPG style game. Some of the developers on this team, have worked on games like Thief: Deadly Shadows, BioShock, BioShock 2, BioShock Infinite, and Dishonored. 

You can read more about this here - https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/new-south-park-video-game-developer/

I wonder what kind of talent the in house studio has? Did they get some talent from the Ubisoft studio from the last game? Or did they just create a new studio from industry vets? Really curious but also excited.

Plus, I want a South Park game inspired by The Simpsons Hit and Run.

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The Fractured Butthole sucked. I wasn't a fan of Stick Of Truth, but Fractured Butthole was worthless. I recommend not wasting your money on it.

I was worried about the turn based gameplay similar to xcom. So I just put off playing it. I liked the stick of truth, but I got bored of it after a while. 

I hope this next one is more about action and adventure, or just a platformer. Not into the rpg aspect of it. 

On 1/10/2022 at 4:27 AM, The Blackangel said:

The Fractured Butthole sucked. I wasn't a fan of Stick Of Truth, but Fractured Butthole was worthless. I recommend not wasting your money on it.

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I was worried about the turn based gameplay similar to xcom. So I just put off playing it. I liked the stick of truth, but I got bored of it after a while. 

I hope this next one is more about action and adventure, or just a platformer. Not into the rpg aspect of it. 

Yep the Fractured But whole is not as good as the first game, its a good south park game but The stick of truth was miles better. I dont mind if the make another rpg but I would like to see something like the Final fantasy games from snes with random encounters. Also I hope this time they go for a scfi theme like starwars or some space/futuristic event

On 1/11/2022 at 2:57 PM, kingpotato said:

Yep the Fractured But whole is not as good as the first game, its a good south park game but The stick of truth was miles better. I dont mind if the make another rpg but I would like to see something like the Final fantasy games from snes with random encounters. Also I hope this time they go for a scfi theme like starwars or some space/futuristic event

Yeah I'll probably pass on it. Don't have the patience for that type of game anyway. 

I just hope they do like a platformer or adventure game. That'd be cool. 

Looking forward to seeing what it is like. I have never watched South Park but I really liked watching a YouTuber play the games based on it. It's a really good game to watch someone else play it. It's just not my type of game to actually play.

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah I'll probably pass on it. Don't have the patience for that type of game anyway. 

I just hope they do like a platformer or adventure game. That'd be cool. 

Im not sure if a platformer will work. There have been a lot of south park games over the years and I think rpg is the right choice when it comes to gameplay. Maybe an adventure RPG with a gameplay similar to Dragon age could work.