Register Now
Kane99

5 Video Game Franchises That Badly Need a Reset

I found this article from Cog connected about 5 video game franchises that need a reset - https://cogconnected.com/feature/5-video-game-franchises-that-badly-need-a-reset/

I thought it'd be a good article to piggy-back off of. The article discusses these 5 video games: 

• Resident Evil
  • Far Cry
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Call of Duty
  • Borderlands

Honestly, the list is kind of cliche, like we'd expect these games to make the list. But I'd argue that Borderlands doesn't need to be on that list. Maybe Resident Evil either, since it's reinvented itself once already. I'd say games like GTA need a major overhaul and change. I agree about Far Cry, Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty, because everyone wants a break from those series if anything. 

I think a reset is needed, but a reset that results in a break from the series and then a reboot or something. GTA needs that for sure. What other games would you guys include? 

I agree Boderland and resident evil dont need to be in that list. Resident evil already had a reset with re7 and 8. Never played a farcry game so I dont know about that one. Assasins creed has a soft reset with every release.  I 100% agree with cod, they either need a break or a hard reset, MW 2019 was good but the formula didnt work again with BO in 2020. Borderlands is okay as it is I guess, its a simple game so if its not broken dont change it.

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I found this article from Cog connected about 5 video game franchises that need a reset - https://cogconnected.com/feature/5-video-game-franchises-that-badly-need-a-reset/

I thought it'd be a good article to piggy-back off of. The article discusses these 5 video games: 

• Resident Evil
  • Far Cry
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Call of Duty
  • Borderlands

Honestly, the list is kind of cliche, like we'd expect these games to make the list. But I'd argue that Borderlands doesn't need to be on that list. Maybe Resident Evil either, since it's reinvented itself once already. I'd say games like GTA need a major overhaul and change. I agree about Far Cry, Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty, because everyone wants a break from those series if anything. 

I think a reset is needed, but a reset that results in a break from the series and then a reboot or something. GTA needs that for sure. What other games would you guys include? 

After the trash Rockstar did with GTA trilogy, there is no way it doesn't need that for sure. 

I feel like with GTA VI(6) theye really gotta change it up. I'm just tired of the same feel and style. Change it up some. I feel like gta could use a huge boost if they reinvent themselves again. It's too repetitive nowadays. 

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I feel like with GTA VI(6) theye really gotta change it up. I'm just tired of the same feel and style. Change it up some. I feel like gta could use a huge boost if they reinvent themselves again. It's too repetitive nowadays. 

Yeah, seriously they have a lot to make up for in their upcoming new GTA 6 otherwise it's going to ruin everything for them and even the GTA franchise. 

Assassin's Creed is going to have a major reset with Infinity and that's the last of the series probably as it will continually get updated with new things. And I think they might have something brilliant planned because after playing a bit of Watch Dogs Legion, they are in a way integrating a little of Assassin's Creed into it. So I think there will be interesting plans between those two series. Remember your post how you thought if AC should have a modern setting? WDL and Infinity could be that. 

Both Call of Duty and Battlefield (not listed but should be) need a massive reset. The latest releases for both franchises just haven't hit the mark especially Battlefield which was a mess at launch and still is. Battlefield used to be such a great series that it's sad to see what's happened to it. I really do hope this current mess is sorted out before the next title is released

Not related to the topic itself but I though this experience I had was funny xD

The other day I got really drunk, like complete blackout. I remember I was talking to a friend about this very topic specifically call of duty, and I remember we came up with a "unique" campaign mode for COD which could serve as a change of direction for the series, we came up with almost the whole story and every detail of the gameplay and we wrote almost everything down

The next morning (yesterday) after reading our notes I realize we basically came up with the plot and gameplay of Far Cry 4 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 1/16/2022 at 9:49 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Assassin's Creed is going to have a major reset with Infinity and that's the last of the series probably as it will continually get updated with new things. And I think they might have something brilliant planned because after playing a bit of Watch Dogs Legion, they are in a way integrating a little of Assassin's Creed into it. So I think there will be interesting plans between those two series. Remember your post how you thought if AC should have a modern setting? WDL and Infinity could be that. 

I also accept that Assassin's Creed really need a big reset from what's going on with the game over the years. It's actually why a lot of gamers are moving away from the game lately.