Register Now
Kane99

Could you live a full year through VR?

I know some people, like SomeordinaryGamers uses VR to help him sleep. I guess he has insomnia and can't sleep all too well. Anyway, I was curious about those who may live in VR for even longer. I heard that there are some people who will wear a  VR headset for months. I guess they use a camera to navigate their homes, but other than that, they live in a virtual world. I couldn't see myself doing something like this. But I would give it a try for a short period of time. Maybe try a day of it at the least. No way would I do a month or more. 

When I think of people living in VR I think of the episode of the sci-fi show sliders called Virtual Slide. 
I thought I would share since It's a great episode to watch about this if anyone likes sci-fi. 🙂 
--

Anyway, I was curious about those who may live in VR for even longer. I heard that there are some people who will wear a  VR headset for months. I guess they use a camera to navigate their homes, but other than that, they live in a virtual world. I couldn't see myself doing something like this. 

I had no idea people were wearing their VR headsets for months. 
I can't fathom living in my VR for a day let alone a year. 
I need my eyes to rest and get a break from the VR headset. 
-- 

Sooner than 50 years and no later than 2045. Neurallink technology along with AMD and Nvidia will help to create the next reality for humanity to exist in.

This universe is a jump server into this reality where alien civilizations coexist in and trade/collaborate even war!

We will make contact as soon as this goes live.

1 hour ago, Empire said:

Sooner than 50 years and no later than 2045. Neurallink technology along with AMD and Nvidia will help to create the next reality for humanity to exist in.

This universe is a jump server into this reality where alien civilizations coexist in and trade/collaborate even war!

We will make contact as soon as this goes live.

We might even be able to discover the ISU first civilization that went extinct and survives in alternate realities and technologies as realities become a simulation after simulation.  And they can warn us of the fall of human kind. 

On 2/23/2022 at 2:38 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

We might even be able to discover the ISU first civilization that went extinct and survives in alternate realities and technologies as realities become a simulation after simulation.  And they can warn us of the fall of human kind. 

Maybe the technologies will make new civilization of the new world of humans, Ohh wiat they can be robots with hearts in them 😛