Register Now
StaceyPowers

Series where you eventually played the older instalments?

Yes metal gear solid, the first time I ever played a MGS game was Ground zero way back when it first came out, which is actually part of the last MGS game made by Kojima. I liked it so I went back to playing MGS1 and 2. I still cant get my hands on MGS 3 or the psp versions or the ps3 games, and dont really want to buy a ps2 or a psps just to play them. I have played MGS3 but I was way too young to care for it back then.

27 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

GTA trilogy is an example of that, I played it recently which is the latest franchise series of Rockstar. But I abandoned it to go back playing GTA 5, which is the older edition. 

But GTA trilogy is actually just a remaster of the original games, even though its their latest relase GTA5 is still the latest installment in the series.

6 hours ago, kingpotato said:

But GTA trilogy is actually just a remaster of the original games, even though its their latest relase GTA5 is still the latest installment in the series.

You're somewhat right, but to some gamers it's simply the latest installment, because changes were expected in the game from it's older version that was remake. 

Well, I have to answer this with a couple questions.

1) The first Mega Man game I ever played was Mega Man 3. Considering its age, does that count since I did play MM1 and MM2 later on?

2) Do games you haven't played in years count if you play more recent releases in the franchise? For example, I'm on another run through on Zelda Link To The Past, but haven't played either of the first two in years. Also I have been playing Castlevania Lords Of Shadown on PS3, but haven't played the originals on NES in so long, that I honestly can't remember the last time I played them. If I popped them in today, would that count?

I recently went back to the older GTA titles now that they have been remastered. I only tried out Vice City and GTA 3 before but had never played San Andreas properly. It was nice being able to play the story now that the modern controls have been implemented for the game, it's a lot easier to enjoy.

On 1/12/2022 at 5:55 PM, Darth said:

I recently went back to the older GTA titles now that they have been remastered. I only tried out Vice City and GTA 3 before but had never played San Andreas properly. It was nice being able to play the story now that the modern controls have been implemented for the game, it's a lot easier to enjoy.

GTA series are quite the charm that most people get on to play them very easily because of how good they are. 

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I just remembered one. I played DMC4 before the previous 3. It's a great game. I remember it better than I remember anything about DMC1, 2, or 3. Not sure why. Maybe because it was the first one that I played.

I played the first game, but could never get into it. I remember actually buying the game from Walmart with my dad one time and i thought it'd be something I was into, but it wasn't for me. My friend showed off playing it one time though. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

Uncharted is another game where the older installment is kind of a catch for me and also some of Need for Speed series. 

Which part of Uncharted did you first play? It was Uncharted: The Lost Legacy that I played first. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

Which part of Uncharted did you first play? It was Uncharted: The Lost Legacy that I played first. 

It was Uncharted: Fight for Fortune that I played out first when I came across the game before starting back from the first one.