Register Now
StaceyPowers

How common is problem gaming?

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Depression is 100% hooked up to suicide and according to the statistics of WHO, over 700,000 die from committing suicide all linked to depression. 

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/depression#:~:text=At its worst%2C depression can,receive no treatment (2).

This data looks very disturbing when it comes to the numbers that's been talked about here. I pray none of my friends dies from depression. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Very sad, depression is a health deficiency that takes life as well. Since it is discovered as a traitor to human life, seeking the attention of the medics is an option to control it. 

Seriously, some gamers really have big unknown problems that's most likely to have them being depressed. It's why I don't talk to some anyhow. 

I think these days with fortnite and other games, it's easier for kids to get addicted to games. I feel like my nephew may be addicted. For example, he comes over almost every weekend, but all he ends up doing is playing video games on my xbox or on my PC. I allow him, but I've been trying to cut him off a bit from gaming as we'd prefer if he hung out with family instead of spending all his time glued to a screen. 

Part of me loves that he's heavily invested in video games, because I too love video games. But seeing him disconnect from the world is kinda depressing. So yeah, I've decided that when he does come over, he's going to take more breaks and I'm going to cut him off at a certain time. 

On 2/1/2022 at 9:34 PM, Boblee said:

This data looks very disturbing when it comes to the numbers that's been talked about here. I pray none of my friends dies from depression. 

Depression is not a good thing at all because when it creeps in, it's very difficult to have it treated. It's why I like it when people open up quickly. 

1 minute ago, Kane99 said:

I also wanted to add that I think streaming is causing some addictions, considering some streamers go for hours on a day, they may be addicted in some ways too. 

There is no way you would expect them not to be affected and addicted to those games because it's more likely out of their control. 

Not necessarily. I know some streamers only stream for a couple hours, some only an hour. You don't have to stream 24 hours a day either. I imagine some streamers do that, and I can't see how anyone could go that long or even longer. 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Not necessarily. I know some streamers only stream for a couple hours, some only an hour. You don't have to stream 24 hours a day either. I imagine some streamers do that, and I can't see how anyone could go that long or even longer. 

That supports the assessment which says that too much of anything or everything is bad. In that too long time spent on streaming, it's definitely going to affect the gamer. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's the amount of hours one invests in their gaming that gets them mentally broken. If I'm a streamer, my whole streaming hours won't pass 4 hours. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's the amount of hours one invests in their gaming that gets them mentally broken. If I'm a streamer, my whole streaming hours won't pass 4 hours. 

Exactly how it's supposed to be. When you don't get too much playing games time, it's going to be very difficult for you to get addicted since you might not really like the game. 

Yeah, as long as you don't make it a day long stream daily, than I think your good. I'd say 4 hours a day of gaming is still a lot. But for streaming maybe not that bad. 

Anyway, one thing I am cool with, is people who do 24 hour charity streams. I think people should switch off the streaming responsibilities every few hours or so. Because doing that for 24 hours straight would be rough. 

28 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, as long as you don't make it a day long stream daily, than I think your good. I'd say 4 hours a day of gaming is still a lot. But for streaming maybe not that bad. 

Anyway, one thing I am cool with, is people who do 24 hour charity streams. I think people should switch off the streaming responsibilities every few hours or so. Because doing that for 24 hours straight would be rough. 

Imagine not being able to sleep well for weeks all because you're streaming your games, you're definitely going to break down.