Register Now
StaceyPowers

What video game developer do you wish had never closed?

On 1/11/2022 at 10:10 PM, kingpotato said:

Visceral Games, the first two dead space games are great games but I blame the failure of the third instalment on EA

EA will never stop being EA when it comes to their acts in the video games industry. Nothing they do surprises me any more. 

Oh god, this is a tough one. Maybe the original THQ before they died and then got bought out. Also I'd add Acclaim to the list, even though they were with LJN and made some really shit games. I still have nostalgia for Acclaim. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oh god, this is a tough one. Maybe the original THQ before they died and then got bought out. Also I'd add Acclaim to the list, even though they were with LJN and made some really shit games. I still have nostalgia for Acclaim. 

Acclaim is definitely one of the most interesting one's for me in the past. It's a shame some of these great companies never lasted long as they should have. 

On 1/11/2022 at 9:05 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What defunct video game developer do you wish had never closed down?

Team Bondi is another Australian gaming company that developed the neo-noir detective game L.A. Noire that Rockstar published.  L.A. Noire was a very good game, it's a shame the company ceased all operation till date. 

On 1/20/2022 at 4:22 AM, Boblee said:

Acclaim is definitely one of the most interesting one's for me in the past. It's a shame some of these great companies never lasted long as they should have. 

Sadly it was their own doing. I believe the quality of their games was the reason they folded along with the way the company execs acted with the money. Or they may have been sold off, I don't remember. But Acclaim has a history for making a lot of crap. They died off in 2004 I heard and I guess sold their name and all their properties to other companies. Some other studio came out making games by Acclaim, but that only lasted for four years. 

22 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Sadly it was their own doing. I believe the quality of their games was the reason they folded along with the way the company execs acted with the money. Or they may have been sold off, I don't remember. But Acclaim has a history for making a lot of crap. They died off in 2004 I heard and I guess sold their name and all their properties to other companies. Some other studio came out making games by Acclaim, but that only lasted for four years. 

Just like the same thing that happened with Konami when they felt that they were the king of the Jungle but what later happened?