Register Now
Kane99

Weird and impractical controllers and peripherals

What are some weird and impractical controllers you had growing up? Or ones you saw in store or in gaming magazines. I know there's that Resident Evil 4 collectors edition with the chainsaw controller. I know of the wu tang clan controller and a few others, but what are some of the really crazy and impractical ones? 

Definitely the NubyTech Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw Controller wouldn't be missed out as one of most weird controllers that I have seen. 

Screenshot_20220112-071132.thumb.png.3b47a69c24432791b8ffb196ca916ae8.png

Also, the Shinkansen Wii Controller for Densha de Go Shinkansen looks horrible from its appearance. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I've really seen different controllers ever since I got into gaming. Some controllers are simply strange to me after seeing them due to their different shapes. I even saw one that is simply like the car steering. 

You really need to see how funny Xbox 360 QWERTY Text-Input Keyboard looks like. Whenever I saw the controller, I can't stop laughing. 

Hold the grip in your left hand so your thumb can hit the D-pad, and use your other hand with the palm facing down is the only way I was ever able to use it. I tried to use it with my right palm facing inward towards the buttons, but that didn't help much, if any. So I just boxed it up and kept it as an emergency controller. Luckily I never had to use it again. I wish I knew what happened to it. I guess I could but another one on eBay as they're not particularly expensive. But I'm not all that interested in having another one.

29 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Hold the grip in your left hand so your thumb can hit the D-pad, and use your other hand with the palm facing down is the only way I was ever able to use it. I tried to use it with my right palm facing inward towards the buttons, but that didn't help much, if any. So I just boxed it up and kept it as an emergency controller. Luckily I never had to use it again. I wish I knew what happened to it. I guess I could but another one on eBay as they're not particularly expensive. But I'm not all that interested in having another one.

I can only but imagine the stress that's going to come with trying to use the controller because even with the explanation, it's quite that challenging. 

On 1/12/2022 at 6:46 PM, Heatman said:

You really need to see how funny Xbox 360 QWERTY Text-Input Keyboard looks like. Whenever I saw the controller, I can't stop laughing. 

It looks like those gameboy controllers that's like Star shape. Its opposite of play station button position. 

6 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It looks like those gameboy controllers that's like Star shape. Its opposite of play station button position. 

Not really, it looks like a computer 🖥 keyword in a sort of way that's odd and funny. 

On 1/12/2022 at 4:36 PM, The Blackangel said:

Two that I have that never felt right no matter what are these:

Nintendo-NES-Advantage-Controller.jpg

snes_capcom_pad_soldier_ctl.jpg

I heard of the NES Advantage, never owned one though.  The other controller looks familiar though. 

On 1/12/2022 at 5:07 PM, Boblee said:

Can I ever forget my Sega Fishing Rod for my Dreamcast console back in the days. The looks of it alone is very funny. fishingrod.jpeg.444e5f1914c90c16934b7ceae3c1f361.jpeg

I heard it worked really well though. Was definitely meant for one of Segas fishing games. I think they had one on for the Saturn as well. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I heard it worked really well though. Was definitely meant for one of Segas fishing games. I think they had one on for the Saturn as well. 

There is no arguments there about it working well, hell it did. At least as far as I can tell from my experience with it but it sure looks very funny. 

On 1/14/2022 at 3:36 AM, Justin11 said:

Not not really. Let me see if I can get the picture uploaded for you to see exactly what it looks like.