Register Now
Kane99

Weird and impractical controllers and peripherals

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I heard of the NES Advantage, never owned one though.  The other controller looks familiar though.

I think just about everyone has heard of the NES Advantage. But regardless of that, it was still an awkward as hell controller. I have a couple, but forego them for the NES Max. It's a better controller all around in my opinion. Especially for the turbo abilities.

NES-MAX-Controller-FL.jpg

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I think just about everyone has heard of the NES Advantage. But regardless of that, it was still an awkward as hell controller. I have a couple, but forego them for the NES Max. It's a better controller all around in my opinion. Especially for the turbo abilities.

This doesn't even look too weird in my opinion and the control seems to be pretty easy to understand and make use of. 

23 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It looks like a Sega console controller with a little difference with the keys in the design. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

It's extremely easy to use. and comfortable as hell considering the controllers of the era.

Yeah, from the looks of it, one can easily discern that it's something that's very easy to use. It doesn't look complex or complicated. 

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I thought it looked more like a PlayStation controller, just minus the shoulder buttons.

Yeah, it's actually because of the shoulder buttons that I had to rule out the PlayStation controller for it. 

On 1/15/2022 at 4:11 PM, The Blackangel said:

It sure looks more like a Sega controller looking at both pictures of Sega and PS controllers. 

1227300626_images(4).jpeg.d9deee55b3aa09f1b77e3d63d81aa5a7.jpeg1780924404_images(5).jpeg.bb61d4a90f5a2168bd925585363e0599.jpeg

On 1/15/2022 at 10:11 AM, The Blackangel said:

Nice, I think I've heard of this one, but never used it. Looks very comfy to hold. Does that dpad work like a dpad or more like an analog stick?

It's kind of a mix of both. You can move the red circle in the middle around with your thumb like an analog stick, or you can just press the black ring on the outside like a typical D-Pad. The red part will act like your thumb when you move it to whatever part of the D-Pad you're needing. So it's a lot easier on the fingers. Especially if you're playing a game with any parts that you have to hit a button rapidly. The turbo buttons are a godsend.

18 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

They do both have that distinct boomerang shape though, moreso than the Sega Genesis controller does.

1780924404_images(5).jpeg.bb61d4a90f5a2168bd925585363e0599.jpg

It's just the buttons control placement in the controllers that looks more similar to that of Sega controller. 

On 1/17/2022 at 3:18 PM, The Blackangel said:

They do both have that distinct boomerang shape though, moreso than the Sega Genesis controller does.

1780924404_images(5).jpeg.bb61d4a90f5a2168bd925585363e0599.jpg

The shape is very distinct in appearance, I can agree with you on that one.