Register Now
Kane99

Take-Two bought zynga for $12.7 billion

Yup, you can read about it here: https://www.destructoid.com/take-two-acquires-zynga-12-7-billion-deal-farmville-gta-mobile-games/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=take-two-acquires-zynga-12-7-billion-deal-farmville-gta-mobile-games

So it looks like Take-Two has bought out the mobile studio zynga for 12.7 billion dollars. Looks like Take Two wants to rack in even more profits, because zynga was probably making bank before they sold off. 

I don't know how i feel about it honestly. Because we all know they're going to push for big time profits. The mobile market is huge, and they just bought the biggest company out there. 

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

Zynga has plenty of games which are passively making them money and now it would make money to the take-two. Interesting to see take-two is slowly becoming the giant.

I'm starting to get worried about it. I have fears they will neglect their video game side of things and focus more on mobile. 

But I think what will end up happening, is that zynga will do its thing and will continue to focus on mobile games. Maybe we'll get some Rockstar or other games from zynga now. 

Video games are new mobile games. it's not like making mobile games ignores development of overall game structure. In game engine side, it's just an export to mobile nothing more than that. I am surprised why people think mobile games is a problem, when there is a lot of money for them plus more gamers are going mobile and not console.

I'm guessing this is just a move to increase the size of their portfolio and company size. It will be interesting to see if anything else comes out of it especially related to the other game titles that Take-Two owns. I can't see them changing their priorities and pushing more for mobile games since Rockstar does amazingly with their console games. 

I could've sworn this news was ancient. I must've been thinking of Activision-Blizzard's acquisition of King. And now they've been acquired, I wonder if Take-Two and Zynga's portion of the mobile market has become appealing to Microsoft. Interesting times are ahead.

On 1/20/2022 at 7:23 AM, Empire said:

Man the times when Sony bought Insomniac for 230M, even Microsoft buying Zenimax for 7.5B looks like a good deal in comparison but I guess the revenue in mobile gaming is where it's at

And now with Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard. Things have been shaken up big time. 

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

And now with Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard. Things have been shaken up big time. 

Give it time and you will see that Sony will buy another big large or small company. I mean SOny always have something up there feet. But then again Sony aren't big like what Microsoft has become. 

On 1/21/2022 at 5:55 PM, Empire said:

Give it time and you will see that Sony will buy another big large or small company. I mean SOny always have something up there feet. But then again Sony aren't big like what Microsoft has become. 

Idk, I don't think Sony wants to take that big of a dive on a company. Who would they even buy? Ubisoft? I remember there was a rumored buyout of them years ago. That would be a huge get for Sony, but I don't think that would happen. I see them more buying up smaller studios and growing them out. But, they could make a similar move and try to buy a big company as well.