Jump to content
Register Now
Kane99

Do you keep your consoles box and manuals?

Recommended Posts

When I was growing up, I didn't really keep the console boxes. I know with our NES, I don't think we kept the box. Though I was tempted to check out my old house to see if there was a nintendo box somewhere. But never went out to check. Anyway, I kept my old 360 box, and had a box for my PS2, but it got crushed and I tossed it. Also had the Sega Genesis box, but that got crushed as well. Only console boxes I have left are my Xbox 360 and Xbox One. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The fact that none of my consoles I bought were brand new, made me not to have the boxes attached to them. I bought them as refurbished and also fairly used, that's why I missed out on having their boxes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2022 at 8:15 AM, Justin11 said:

The fact that none of my consoles I bought were brand new, made me not to have the boxes attached to them. I bought them as refurbished and also fairly used, that's why I missed out on having their boxes. 

I got a few consoles used, so didn't come with boxes either. If you get it new, I'd keep the box going forward. I also prefer the nostalgia feeling of having the box, manuals, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I got a few consoles used, so didn't come with boxes either. If you get it new, I'd keep the box going forward. I also prefer the nostalgia feeling of having the box, manuals, etc. 

I see, you got passion for the boxes, their is nothing working with that. I was simply like that too when i go for brand new phones, I always take the carton back home and keep them for long to calculate how many phones I've owned in my life, lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I see, you got passion for the boxes, their is nothing working with that. I was simply like that too when i go for brand new phones, I always take the carton back home and keep them for long to calculate how many phones I've owned in my life, lol. 

I got the collector mentality, so I like to keep the boxes for most things. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I got the collector mentality, so I like to keep the boxes for most things. 

It's that way, it isn't bad with what you've chosen for yourself. I am like that too, but since I couldn't lay my hands on brand new that's why my passion died for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

These days, no I don't. In the old days, yes I did. But they got lost over time somewhere. I wish I knew what happened to them.

Their is no need to think much about it since it doesn't affect your device. Just that some persons prefer saving them up, for reference purpose when they want to get to know how many they've owned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I have 2 CIB systems saved. One is an NES, and the other is a Sears Video Arcade II. So I have a couple.

I wish I had a boxed NES. The Nostalgia trip I'd go through seeing an unopened box would be cool. Same with any of the retro consoles that weren't nearly as popular. Idk I think it'd be cool to open a box from that far ago. But I never would due to the idea of it being tarnished by opening it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like to keep the boxes. I don't really read the manuals but I think it's just nice to keep them as well so that you have everything that came with the console. The box helps a lot when you're moving house or if you ever decide to sell it. It's not too big either so it's not like it's going to take a huge amount of space in your house.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 8:19 AM, skyfire said:

Manuals are the first thing that I lose for almost every electronic device. I purchased Xiaomi's phone recently and I don't even remember their warranty manual is in box or not.

I keep them closer, but I hardly open it since the internet holds every information I need, if I require anything at all. It doesn't have to be the game manual or mobile phone manual. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...