Register Now
Kane99

I have a feeling Bully 2 will be mostly about multiplayer if it ever comes out

I bet they had worked a ton on the original Bully 2 before it got cancelled. I bet now they're going to restart on Bully and will end up making it mostly about multiplayer. Because lets face it, Take-Two and Rockstar are all about the money right now and I could see they cancelling Bully 2 if it didn't have some sort of online mechanic. I'm probably wrong, but I feel like that's what Rockstar and co would do here. 

Let's watch out how it will be when the game eventually comes Live. I know rockstar and take-two companies are in for me, they'll never lack ideas to push for more ways to bring more money out of their video games. And so, let's expect Bully II to have multiplayer feature. 

From what I understand they cancelled Bully 2 in 2009 despite being nearly complete.  I don't think they could use much of what they developed back then now even it were still single player let alone multiplayer.  If there is a new entry in the franchisee it wont be the same thing.  I don't think were going to see anything from Bully in a long time if we see it at all.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:43 AM, Crazycrab said:

From what I understand they cancelled Bully 2 in 2009 despite being nearly complete.  I don't think they could use much of what they developed back then now even it were still single player let alone multiplayer.  If there is a new entry in the franchisee it wont be the same thing.  I don't think were going to see anything from Bully in a long time if we see it at all.

Hmm, I thought it was recently canceled. Didn't know it was from 2009. But yeah, I'm not expecting much unfortunately. 

On 1/13/2022 at 8:42 AM, Kane99 said:

Hmm, I thought it was recently canceled. Didn't know it was from 2009. But yeah, I'm not expecting much unfortunately. 

I thought so too, well at least I found out about that rumor recently.

Propably we are never going to get another Bully game in any form. Unfortunately bullying is an issue that has received a lot of attention, its always has been a major problem in schools but only lately actions are being taken. And due to the anti-bullying campaign a game called "Bully" its not going to go well on the market. I loved the game but Im pretty sure we are not going to see any future installment any time soon, regardless if its a multiplayer or a singleplayer mode.

I wouldn't be shocked that it has some type of multiplayer aspect, esp. with all of the different groups there are and the things that could be done - plus it's Rockstar, which always has a multiplayer aspect to all of their mainstream (or really, almost any) game.

I highly doubt that there ever will be a Bully 2. The first one didn't garner any kind of real profit for Rockstar. It's sales were abysmal, and it wasn't particularly popular. It's been 16 years since the first one, and no talk has ever been made since then. It saw a brief revival on the Xbox One, but still didn't sell well. So all that in consideration, I don't see a sequel ever being made.

12 minutes ago, StormyFire said:

I think that online play is where most of the money is in this day and age.

That's a very safe bet. Whether you're a console or PC gamer, online is where the big bucks are at. Granted a lot of us still don't like online gaming (me for example) and prefer story modes. But everything coming out has an online version. I'm willing to bet that in the not so distant future, virtually all games will be online, whether you want to play them or not.

On 1/19/2022 at 3:11 PM, The Blackangel said:

I highly doubt that there ever will be a Bully 2. The first one didn't garner any kind of real profit for Rockstar. It's sales were abysmal, and it wasn't particularly popular. It's been 16 years since the first one, and no talk has ever been made since then. It saw a brief revival on the Xbox One, but still didn't sell well. So all that in consideration, I don't see a sequel ever being made.

I wouldn't say abysmal by any means considering it was reported that it sold around 1.5 million copies on the PS2, that's not counting the 360 remastered version or the version on Steam, which could be another million or more. 

It also has a fairly decent cult following, and constantly gets asked about for a sequel every so often. 

There's been a lot of talk about a sequel, so much in fact that Rockstar was rumored to be working on one before it got scrapped. 

On 1/15/2022 at 1:13 PM, kingpotato said:

I thought so too, well at least I found out about that rumor recently.

Propably we are never going to get another Bully game in any form. Unfortunately bullying is an issue that has received a lot of attention, its always has been a major problem in schools but only lately actions are being taken. And due to the anti-bullying campaign a game called "Bully" its not going to go well on the market. I loved the game but Im pretty sure we are not going to see any future installment any time soon, regardless if its a multiplayer or a singleplayer mode.

That's the thing though. When Bully first came out, the media lunged at the name, thinking it would be some kind of game where you'd Bully people. But it turned out to be a game where you mostly fought back against bullies. The name isn't the issue, and I don't think people would take offense to it today given the context.  

1 hour ago, StormyFire said:

It seems like Rockstar is focusing more on online play than single-player, so I think that's a safe bet. I think that online play is where most of the money is in this day and age.

Sadly yes. Which means we may not see any single player games from this studio aside from maybe the next GTA, and we know online will be much of the same. 

But, I'm still holding out hope that they will make a single player experience in Bully again. But if they do, I know for a fact they'll shoehorn in a multiplayer mode.