Register Now
Kane99

There's a mobile game for The Office

I didn't see this coming, but it's coming soon. I guess you can pre-register to download the game on the google play store. Not sure it's something I'm into, as it seems to be one of those sim management games where you have to keep the Office from downsizing or something. 

It looks similar to that trailer park boys management game. I bet it's by the same people. Looks to have similar art style. 

If interested, you can read more about it here - https://www.hardcoredroid.com/pre-register-now-for-the-office-somehow-we-manage/

On 1/12/2022 at 1:31 AM, skyfire said:

I think some of the similar management games are out but I don't know if they are meant as entertainment or simulation experiment. 

There's a lot of other time management games like this one. I think there's one for family guy, the Simpsons, and more. 

I saw an ad for it on Reddit last night and checked it out on the Play Store. It says pre-register but when I checked it on my phone just now, I am able to install it (in the UK). Not sure if they have a staggered release date for the rest of the world. The reviews are not good so far and a lot of people are complaining about the ads in the game.

Who the hell cares? Whether you're a fan of the show or not, it is not the sort of thing that would translate into a video game very well. It being free-to-play on mobile just multiplies the crap factor. Honestly, I don't even know why we're even discussing it at all.

14 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I am not sure how it would do in UK as the UK has much better show called "IT guys" or something which if translates into game which is kind of old get back to now but still would be a good game.

I believe you're referring to "The I.T. Crowd", but The Office was originally a British sitcom starring Ricky Gervais. The American show staring Steve Carell is an American version and remake. So if there's an equivalent show to "The Office" in Britain, it would be "The Office".

Going a bit off-topic but the I.T Crowd would be even worse as a game. There's just nothing there in the show that you could make a game of really.

At least with this one, it has a large enough cast and premise to create a game out of it. Not an amazing idea but I'm sure fans of the show will like being able to slowly upgrade their own "office".

9 hours ago, Darth said:

Going a bit off-topic but the I.T Crowd would be even worse as a game. There's just nothing there in the show that you could make a game of really.

At least with this one, it has a large enough cast and premise to create a game out of it. Not an amazing idea but I'm sure fans of the show will like being able to slowly upgrade their own "office".

Point but knowing how simulator games can make hours worth of content on almost anything. I think IT crowd still has enough content lol.