Register Now
The Blackangel

It's my 40th today.

16 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Before this discussion goes AWOL, we shouldn't loosely throw around the term gay because it might come off as offensive, and that's not what I want it to lead to. 

I completely agree with you on this. I hope he doesn't take offense in any way. 

Moving on 🚶. 

So, who's birthday is coming up next this February? 

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Before this discussion goes AWOL, we shouldn't loosely throw around the term gay because it might come off as offensive, and that's not what I want it to lead to. 

Thank you. It was starting to go down that road, and I was about to say something as a fellow poster that it was starting to get offensive.

As a mod, I do need to say something.
Everyone uses different slang, and as sad as it is people throw around the word "gay" extremely casually. Like something they don't agree with they'll say "That's so gay" or just use it in reference to a person without understanding the word. The same applies to the word Queer. There are people that will be very sensitive to how these words are used, and how the jokes tend to run with them. And there are people who legitimately identify as Queer. So be careful when you use these kind of words. To those of us who are part of the LGBTQ+ community, it's our version of a racial slur. You can use the word, but use it in a serious and mature manner. If you have a relative that is homosexual you can say "My >relative< is gay". Or if you have a friend who is queer/genderqueer you can say "My >friend< is queer". It's ok to use the word. But make sure it's appropriate.

Just think for a moment before you speak.

Edited by The Blackangel

9 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Nah, don't worry about it. I'm cool. It's not a big deal for me. Gay or no gay, I don't have anything against one's choice of lifestyle, so I respect them. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

Nah, don't worry about it. I'm cool. It's not a big deal for me. Gay or no gay, I don't have anything against one's choice of lifestyle, so I respect them. 

Thank you. This is more than a relief for me. 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have to point this out. Being gay is not a choice. You either are, or you're not. The only variant to homosexuality is being bisexual. We have no control over what gender (assuming the person has one) we're attracted to.