Register Now
DC

I encountered two bizarre situations today

Which encounter is more comical/outrageous?   

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which encounter is more comical/outrageous?

• Retinol cream and a pack of Marlboro cigarettes
    • Hike and cigarette
    • Tie

I encountered two very bizarre and comical situations this morning. I would like the community's input on which is more outrageous.

1. I went to Walgreens (pharmacy/convenience store chain in the US) and the woman in front of me was checking out two items: retinol cream and a pack of Marlboro cigarettes'.

2. I then went to my favorite hiking spot. As I got out my car to walk to the trailhead, I saw a man (who had obviously just finished the hike) light up a cigarette.

I wonder if these two are married. Anyways, I found both scenarios equally funny and outrageous. Vote!

I think that after the hike and smoking 🚬 is a very common thing especially for those with the habit of smoking. 

Take for instance with some notable footballers who smoked well even during matches. Footballers like, Bobby Charlton in world cup final, Johan Cruyff till he had a double heart bypass surgery and so on. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

I fail to see how either of these are bizarre. The woman in front of you bought skin cream and cigarettes. You saw a guy light a cigarette after a hike. How is any of that bizarre?

Yeah, just like I pointed out, it's just a random coincidence. Maybe the weather was a good one for a smoke. 

Well, the retinol is Vit A, so it’s for wrinkles? I guess that’s like buying milk thistle with a bottle of liquor. 
Hiking trail then smoke; there are two wrongs there. One is fresh air with a smoke; the other is flinging the butt on the ground so a fire can start. Maybe they at least had enough sense to stomp it in the dirt, so a bird can go choke on it. 

43 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Well, the retinol is Vit A, so it’s for wrinkles? I guess that’s like buying milk thistle with a bottle of liquor. 
Hiking trail then smoke; there are two wrongs there. One is fresh air with a smoke; the other is flinging the butt on the ground so a fire can start. Maybe they at least had enough sense to stomp it in the dirt, so a bird can go choke on it. 

I'm completely lost at the point that you're trying to make here mate 😩!! 

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think that after the hike and smoking 🚬 is a very common thing especially for those with the habit of smoking. 

Take for instance with some notable footballers who smoked well even during matches. Footballers like, Bobby Charlton in world cup final, Johan Cruyff till he had a double heart bypass surgery and so on. 

18 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I'm completely lost at the point that you're trying to make here mate 😩!! 

tenor.gif

The point that he is trying to make is that its an ironic situation. Smoking is bad for you, the woman is buying retinol to hide the effects of smoking on her face, but she can just stop smoking and that way she wouldnt need to be buying retinol. 

The second scenario is that they guy just ended his hike which is good for your health and stamina but at the end he stops for a smoke which is bad for health and stamina.

So the point here is how ironic it is that these two people are trying to take care of their health but at the same time they are smoking which is bad for your health

45 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

The point that he is trying to make is that its an ironic situation. Smoking is bad for you, the woman is buying retinol to hide the effects of smoking on her face, but she can just stop smoking and that way she wouldnt need to be buying retinol. 

The second scenario is that they guy just ended his hike which is good for your health and stamina but at the end he stops for a smoke which is bad for health and stamina.

So the point here is how ironic it is that these two people are trying to take care of their health but at the same time they are smoking which is bad for your health

Number one, you may not think it since you're a man, but women us creams and lotions all the time, regardless of smoking habits. So her buying the retinol most likely has absolutely no connection to the cigarettes. And she may not have even been buying them for herself. Someone may have asked her to pick them up a pack.

Second there's no way to prove that the guy was ending a hike. He could have just been standing there, and lit a cigarette. Again, no connection between the two.

So there's no verified proof of any kind of any connection between any of these events, or that in the guys situation that he even hiked. Which is why I said initially that I see nothing bizarre here.

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

Number one, you may not think it since you're a man, but women us creams and lotions all the time, regardless of smoking habits. So her buying the retinol most likely has absolutely no connection to the cigarettes. And she may not have even been buying them for herself. Someone may have asked her to pick them up a pack.

Second there's no way to prove that the guy was ending a hike. He could have just been standing there, and lit a cigarette. Again, no connection between the two.

So there's no verified proof of any kind of any connection between any of these events, or that in the guys situation that he even hiked. Which is why I said initially that I see nothing bizarre here.

Very well the first one is true, assuming that the retinol and the cigarettes are related in this context is wrong on my part. Actually I told my wife about this and she pointed out the same thing.

But on the second scenario DC did pointed out that the guy had obviusly ended his hike, meaning he was probably wearing sport clothing or he was probably sweating and his clothes were noticeably wet. So why go on a hike and then have a smoke? 

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Very well the first one is true, assuming that the retinol and the cigarettes are related in this context is wrong on my part. Actually I told my wife about this and she pointed out the same thing.

But on the second scenario DC did pointed out that the guy had obviusly ended his hike, meaning he was probably wearing sport clothing or he was probably sweating and his clothes were noticeably wet. So why go on a hike and then have a smoke? 

Addiction is a bitch. He was probably having a few during his hike. I've seen hiking trails with butts all along them. It's not an unheard of thing. He's a smoker. Just because he possibly went on a hike, doesn't mean he quit smoking during the hike.

2 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Addiction is a bitch. He was probably having a few during his hike. I've seen hiking trails with butts all along them. It's not an unheard of thing. He's a smoker. Just because he possibly went on a hike, doesn't mean he quit smoking during the hike.

Yeah its not a rare sight, but isnt it counterproductive that he is going on a hike to better his health and the end of it he stops for a smoke? I mean its ironic , its like eating the whole dollar menu at mcdonalds but only having a diet coke.

12 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Well, it's probably just good habits in my eyes. Yeah, smoking is bad for your health but the cigarettes companies are never shutdown... So who is fooling who? 

13 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

The irony could also be selling tobacco and alcohol at a pharmacy. I always thought of that as ironic that aren't part of a grocery store. At that point they are no longer a pharmacy, but a corner store. 

It's definitely an irony to have both tobacco and alcohol being sold at a pharmacy. It's more of products sold in the supermarket 🛒.