Jump to content
Register Now
DC

I encountered two bizarre situations today

Which encounter is more comical/outrageous?   

6 members have voted

  1. 1. Which encounter is more comical/outrageous?

    • Retinol cream and a pack of Marlboro cigarettes
      1
    • Hike and cigarette
      5
    • Tie
      0


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Boblee said:

Thanks for the explanation but forgive my further poking where does an atheist fall amongst all these?

An atheist wouldn't really fall under either, as it's more a denial of religion. Atheists believe there is no god, so there is no religion there. They're kinda off in their own group. They're alongside Agnostics. They don't deny the possibility, but at the same time say there is no proof. Satanism is a bit like Atheism, but instead is an actual a religion with practices, holidays, and traditions. I know this because I am Satanic.

Edited by The Blackangel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

The 12 steps in Alcoholics Anonymous are spiritual principles. It gives guidance and humility in a powerless situation. You really can't change your life without embracing spirituality and that has nothing to do with organized religion, although some may even embrace it. Spirituality to me is the energies of nature. 

 

I'm definitely reading up more on this program on The 12 steps in Alcoholics how to tackle the addiction because I have a friend who's struggling so much with his own life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

An atheist wouldn't really fall under either, as it's more a denial of religion. Atheists believe there is no god, so there is no religion there. They're kinda off in their own group. They're alongside Agnostics. They don't deny the possibility, but at the same time say there is no proof. Satanism is a bit like Atheism, but instead is an actual a religion with practices, holidays, and traditions. I know this because I am Satanic.

This completely answers all doubts that I have on the subject. On the record, I kind of liked the direction this whole talk went as it got to show some of our belief system. I wouldn't have guessed you're Satanic 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Boblee said:

This completely answers all doubts that I have on the subject. On the record, I kind of liked the direction this whole talk went as it got to show some of our belief system. I wouldn't have guessed you're Satanic 😉

People have their head full of misconceptions about Satanism. The word "Satanism" is one of the biggest reasons people make up their own definitions and ignore reality. I'm a member of The Satanic Temple if you want to check it out. The Seven Tenets would be a good place to start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

I'm definitely reading up more on this program on The 12 steps in Alcoholics how to tackle the addiction because I have a friend who's struggling so much with his own life. 

I hope your friend gets the help they need 🤞and you are a good friend for caring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I hope your friend gets the help they need 🤞and you are a good friend for caring. 

Yeah, sure thing!! He's been trying to get help but so far nothing seems to be working. I hope this works at least. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

People have their head full of misconceptions about Satanism. The word "Satanism" is one of the biggest reasons people make up their own definitions and ignore reality. I'm a member of The Satanic Temple if you want to check it out. The Seven Tenets would be a good place to start.

That's for sharing those links and it's the 6th Tenet that really got me very well, "People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.." if the world embraces that, I'm sure we would live in more harmony. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Who the hell even smokes after a hike? Normally, you'd be looking to inhale some oxygen not Nicotine.

Some weird fellow can do that eeh... One who's deeply addicted to smoking wouldn't mind at all because it's part of him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2022 at 3:32 AM, Boblee said:

Some weird fellow can do that eeh... One who's deeply addicted to smoking wouldn't mind at all because it's part of him. 

You're right - that's some extreme addiction. It's a really bizarre scenario.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You're right - that's some extreme addiction. It's a really bizarre scenario.

A man living in the same neighborhood with us used to be a chronic smoker and he was later diagnosed with lung cancer but he never stopped smoking till it killed him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really don't know why some smokers are simply due hard when they're advised to stop smoking at the brink of losing their life. It's kinda weird, I wouldn't think twice if I am asked to stop what's injurious to my health. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I really don't know why some smokers are simply due hard when they're advised to stop smoking at the brink of losing their life. It's kinda weird, I wouldn't think twice if I am asked to stop what's injurious to my health. 

They simply can't help it because if it was that easy for them to stop, they are definitely going to knowing the consequences. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...