Register Now
Shagger

Prominant Video Game Voice Actor Troy Baker Supports Company Selling Voice NFT's with Inevitable Backlash

Heard about it recently. I wonder if he backed out because of the backlash, or if he believed it was a bad idea to go through with the nft. NFTs are getting so much hate these days, that I think some studios might start to back off from it. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I hope this pushes other people from doing NFTs as well. Studios seem hard-pressed to go on with their decisions, but maybe we can stop all the celebs and influencers out there from supporting it. 

It was something that's expected to happen because it's crystal clear that NTFs isn't needed in video games as far as I'm concerned. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

He could have gambled and faced the consequences and absolutely no one would have any pity on him for any reason whatsoever. 

It definitely wouldn't have been worth it. He made the best decision at the right time, otherwise things would get messy. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Crypto has its place but not in gaming - I don't even want NFTs anywhere near it and I don't have a problem with other aspects of crypto mind you.

It shouldn't be anywhere near gaming, but the inevitable truth is that they will find a way to put it in. It's annoying, but it's going to happen, no matter how much we hate on them for it. 😞 

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Crypto has its place but not in gaming - I don't even want NFTs anywhere near it and I don't have a problem with other aspects of crypto mind you.

Yeah, it's definitely going to ruin everything that's good in gaming and with how the Cryptocurrency market works, I don't think it's wise to have in gaming. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, it's definitely going to ruin everything that's good in gaming and with how the Cryptocurrency market works, I don't think it's wise to have in gaming. 

If it is a payment option for a videogame - it's fine by me. Otherwise, I don't want to see it in any games.