Register Now
kingpotato

COD modern warfare 2 arriving earlier than expected

I think it was more of a case of Vanguard not being as good as the previous two COD games. Both Modern Warfare and Cold War were pretty good so when Vanguard was disappointing, people just returned to one of those two titles. Hopefully they will work on this one and make sure it's released in a good state.

Vanguard has been messy in many places, but news of Modern Warfare 2 coming before the first season is even over is attrocious. I wasn't compelled to buy much in the first place but now I'm certain. I'll save my remaining CoD points, enough to buy the Season pass bundle, for that game. If I'm still playing CoD by that time. And much as I have enjoyed the latest three instalments, I don't think an upcoming game is going to fix the problems that have plagued the current. This reeks of desperation.

We also have to consider the Microsoft acquisition too. Who knows how that's going to shake up development... and the store. If it's anything like the woes Halo Infinite players have expressed with that game's storefront, not unlike Anthem's, then there's troubles ahead. Then again their Battle Pass will probably improve if it does take on 343 Industries' model. Swings and roundabouts, as they say.

Just another some old COD that they are doing, really. It's all the same and it's boring. I don't understand how releasing it in October is related to poor sales of Vanguard, aren't CoD games yearly releases anyways? How is a one month earlier than usual release gonna help? Asking because I really don't get it.

On 1/18/2022 at 2:45 PM, Withywarlock said:

Vanguard has been messy in many places, but news of Modern Warfare 2 coming before the first season is even over is attrocious. I wasn't compelled to buy much in the first place but now I'm certain. I'll save my remaining CoD points, enough to buy the Season pass bundle, for that game. If I'm still playing CoD by that time. And much as I have enjoyed the latest three instalments, I don't think an upcoming game is going to fix the problems that have plagued the current. This reeks of desperation.

We also have to consider the Microsoft acquisition too. Who knows how that's going to shake up development... and the store. If it's anything like the woes Halo Infinite players have expressed with that game's storefront, not unlike Anthem's, then there's troubles ahead. Then again their Battle Pass will probably improve if it does take on 343 Industries' model. Swings and roundabouts, as they say.

Yes I agree it does reek of desperation. They should really take a break to rethink the future of the franchaise instead of putting out a new game.

I find this all laughable considering that COD Vanguard was one of the best selling games of 2021 and is currently the top one for 2022. But I also heard recently that when the Microsoft purchase goes through, the COD team want to stop the yearly releases and slow down. I think they too are tired of the yearly releases. 

I am way behind, I wasn't aware they were making a Modern Warfare 2. As for your question regarding Vanguard, I absolutely love Vanguard. In all honesty, I thought Vanguard was one of their better games, I'm not sure why they didn't make their sales quota. 

I played Vanguard and it felt like most of the COD games in recent years and I think it's due to the fact that it's basically a rehash of the COD games from previous years with hardly any improvement which made it flop. I'm glad Microsoft will stop making COD an annual release because the developers can finally make the series fresh again.

On 1/17/2022 at 4:55 AM, Techno said:

Another COD? Really, the series is burning out, and its Activision, unless its Crash Bandicoot or Spyro, I refuse to give them money.

It's sad they are killing the game this way. Call of Duty used to be a game everyone used to anticipate getting but not anymore.