Register Now
Crazycrab

Gaming YouTubers are being sold as NFT'S!

Just to make my position on Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT'S) clear.....

FUCK THESE PLANET BURNING WASTES ALONG WITH EVERYONE WHO ACTIVITY PROMOTES OR TRADES THEM!

I guess none of us should really be surprised that their getting worse.  Not only has the once respectable Troy Baker backed a company selling voice over NFT'S that they have now admitted uses tech from a freely available text to speech service without permission (source: Eurogamer).  Now some other asshole is using the likeness of popular YouTubers to push their worthless digital bullshit without consent from the YouTubers themselves.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-01-17-gaming-youtubers-have-had-their-likenesses-stolen-and-sold-as-nfts

Victims so far include Jim SterlingAlanah Pearce and Caddicarus.  This brings my piss to a boil because none of these people would support NFT'S and Jim Sterling in particular has made several video expressing his extreme distaste for them.  I really hope YouTube step in and send a cease and desist to these wankers.

Sadly, I'm not exactly shocked by this. It was inevitable, but I also didn't think it would get this bad this quickly  Jim and Alanah in particular have been through enough shit over the years in thier respective internet career's and Caddy is such a nice dude and doesn't deserve this bullshit one bit.

7 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Okay here is something I still dont get, whats the point of this whole NFT thing? I tried to google it but every explanation I found sounded like bullshit

Crypto people think it would be hard to replicate it on the web.

Worst part is that crypto people are stealing legit artist content and selling it as NFT and rich whales in market buying them and filing lawsuit on legit creators.

7 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Okay here is something I still dont get, whats the point of this whole NFT thing? I tried to google it but every explanation I found sounded like bullshit

I understand your confusion. Reading any attempt at an explanation of what an NFT is reads like something written by a snake oil salesman. But, I'll do my best to explain it. I don't claim to be an expert on this, so take this with a grain of salt.

An NFT (Non-Fungable Token) is a block of data that essentially serves as a receipt for a digital good that says you own said good, except you don't, at least not in the traditional sense. The same digital good and associated NFT can be replicated over and over and nobody who "owns" the NFT can control the distribution of the digital good it's tied to, but NFTs can be re sold and used like a Blockchain currencys, like bitcoin. The only real difference between NFT's and Blockchain currencys is that that NFTs are not interchangeable (Non-Fungable) with other Blockchain currencys. NFT's are sold as they are, so it's kind of like stock in that way. Like all Blockchain currencys and cryptocurrencys, NFTs use the internet and computer power to re-authenticate constantly to the original distributer of the NFT. The more people and power overall being used to authenticate the NFT, the higher it's value.

That's the best I can do. If anyone has a correct to make or something to add please let me know.

I'm so glad my channels are so obscure. After seeing this, I'm also deciding that I'll never show my face in a video. It's going to be strictly an audio reviewing channel. And it may be set to private so that only approved people can see the videos, with the exception of videos that don't feature my voice at all in any way.

Oh! By the way, does anyone want to buy 3 seconds worth of nothing? I'll rent you a pretty picture of absolutely nothing to mark your place in line.

Edited by The Blackangel

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Oh! By the way, does anyone want to buy 3 seconds worth of nothing? I'll rent you a pretty picture of absolutely nothing to mark your place in line.

You would be surprised that there are people who will buy the 3 second of nothing.

NFT world is crazy and you can literally sell anything and people would buy it for fun if they have money.

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

You would be surprised that there are people who will buy the 3 second of nothing.

NFT world is crazy and you can literally sell anything and people would buy it for fun if they have money.

Now I'm starting to wonder if I should just leave the internet behind. Also I'm glad I use a simple TV as a monitor and don't have to have a hackable webcam. I choose when to have mine even hooked up and when not to. It plugs into a USB port, and I set it on top of the TV. When I'm done with it, I unplug it and put it away.

On 1/18/2022 at 11:23 PM, Shagger said:

I understand your confusion. Reading any attempt at an explanation of what an NFT is reads like something written by a snake oil salesman. But, I'll do my best to explain it. I don't claim to be an expert on this, so take this with a grain of salt.

An NFT (Non-Fungable Token) is a block of data that essentially serves as a receipt for a digital good that says you own said good, except you don't, at least not in the traditional sense. The same digital good and associated NFT can be replicated over and over and nobody who "owns" the NFT can control the distribution of the digital good it's tied to, but NFTs can be re sold and used like a Blockchain currencys, like bitcoin. The only real difference between NFT's and Blockchain currencys is that that NFTs are not interchangeable (Non-Fungable) with other Blockchain currencys. NFT's are sold as they are, so it's kind of like stock in that way. Like all Blockchain currencys and cryptocurrencys, NFTs use the internet and computer power to re-authenticate constantly to the original distributer of the NFT. The more people and power overall being used to authenticate the NFT, the higher it's value.

That's the best I can do. If anyone has a correct to make or something to add please let me know.

Thank you very much for that explanation. I do have some questions , so basically its like crypto coin in a way? I mean what I still dont get is whats the point of owning it after having it ? Like for example I buy it for a huge amount of money, by itself is worth nothing, but if I want to sell it I can sell it for the same price that I paid for it..? 

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Thank you very much for that explanation. I do have some questions , so basically its like crypto coin in a way? I mean what I still dont get is whats the point of owning it after having it ? Like for example I buy it for a huge amount of money, by itself is worth nothing, but if I want to sell it I can sell it for the same price that I paid for it..? 

Yeah, it is basically a form of cryptocurrency. The only difference is than an NFT is non-transferable as if it were selling a good. And you do indeed hold a receipt for a (digital) good, but you don't really own it in a traditional sense, but you can sell it. Like most shady business things it's deliberately vague, yet also complicated.

Edited by Shagger

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

If you're into this kind of thing, you would be better off going with Bitcoin or Etherum. Something of that nature. Cryptocurrency is a booming industry, and this new NFT shit is not only more unstable, but also insulting.

nah I dont want to mess with that, but yeah this NFT thing sounds like a bunch of crap