Register Now
Shagger

Xbox to Buy Activision-Blizzard for $68.7 Billion.

Honesty, this was probably the best option, Microsoft doesn't give me a headache nearly as much as other companies. Sony would have also been a good contender, but they couldn't afford it. Microsoft at least is apart of the gaming community, so they wont mess it up that badly, unlike Facebook, Apple, Google, or Amazon.

11 hours ago, Boblee said:

Once there is a deal for settlement, the government would definitely be willing to take it up because the money being talked about isn't a chicken change. It's win-win deal for them. 

The Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice are looking to strengthen enforcement against illegal mergers. Microsoft and Amazon has sparked new concerns from the government and will look into this acquisition to see if any laws are broken. Right now it looks they will probably get away with it, but since the government is looking to update the antitrust laws, corporations like Microsoft have been usurping what they can before new laws are passed. Not to say this is an illegal merging with Microsoft and Activision, but it should be challenged by the FTC and we all need to understand that “Illegal mergers can inflict a host of harms, from higher prices and lower wages to diminished opportunity, reduced innovation, and less resiliency.” 

And I hear people say that Sony should look for an acquisition of their own, but that is part of the domino effect where now corporations will buy up what they can. So that thinking promotes monopolization. 

Another thing, congress needs to be banned from investing in stock while it is their responsibility to regulate antitrust laws. That's a conflict of interest when they become more concerned about their stock and invites lobbying. 

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2022/01/ftc-and-justice-department-seek-to-strengthen-enforcement-against-illegal-mergers

1 minute ago, Techno said:

Honesty, this was probably the best option, Microsoft doesn't give me a headache nearly as much as other companies. Sony would have also been a good contender, but they couldn't afford it. Microsoft at least is apart of the gaming community, so they wont mess it up that badly, unlike Facebook, Apple, Google, or Amazon.

Well, we are going to see how it goes with the monopoly they are planning on getting on because should they keep up with the track, it's what's likely going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Well, we are going to see how it goes with the monopoly they are planning on getting on because should they keep up with the track, it's what's likely going to happen. 

Honestly, I think this might be their last purchase for a while, maybe Avalanche studios will be bought, but they have all the ip and studios that they need.

31 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Another thing, congress needs to be banned from investing in stock while it is their responsibility to regulate antitrust laws. That's a conflict of interest when they become more concerned about their stock and invites lobbying. 

Wow, it seems just as I have wrote that, 27 House members sign letter asking to ban stock trading

https://www.yahoo.com/news/27-house-members-sign-letter-150336022.html

26 minutes ago, Techno said:

Honestly, I think this might be their last purchase for a while, maybe Avalanche studios will be bought, but they have all the ip and studios that they need.

Yeah, maybe or maybe not. These guys really have their ways around things especially when they really needed that. 

Just now, Reality vs Adventure said:

Wow, it seems just as I have wrote that, 27 House members sign letter asking to ban stock trading

https://www.yahoo.com/news/27-house-members-sign-letter-150336022.html

Isn't that a good thing right? 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Here we go again with the Chinese conspiracy theories and bull crap. Aren't we tired already mate? 

Whether anyone likes it or not, that conversation is definitely going to keep coming up from time to time anytime US laws with gaming comes up. 

1 hour ago, Techno said:

For the price they paid, I'm sure it will be their last purchase for a little while. Close to $70 billion out of their wallets, that's a big chunk of change. Just makes you wonder how much Microsoft and Xbox combined are worth in profits. It's gotta be up there if they can throw around nearly $70 billion. 

7 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

For the price they paid, I'm sure it will be their last purchase for a little while. Close to $70 billion out of their wallets, that's a big chunk of change. Just makes you wonder how much Microsoft and Xbox combined are worth in profits. It's gotta be up there if they can throw around nearly $70 billion. 

My observation is that if they were able to pay $70 billion once and not on installments, they definitely have more money than we are aware of. 

15 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Well the thing is and it eludes to the point I made earlier:

On 1/18/2022 at 11:31 PM, Crazycrab said:

If they keep doing this XBox is just going to turn in to a massive hemorrhage that will constantly need to be resupplied with blood and oxygen from the rest of Microsoft's business

XBox is not the most profitable part of their business.  Microsoft generates nearly 40% of its revenue from their corporate server and cloud services. Their more common commercial products like XBox and Windows Operating Systems only generate around 30% and almost certainly have higher running costs.

Edited by Crazycrab

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

For 27 of house members to agree to sign it shows that it's something that needed to be done. 

From the looks of it, it was never really that much of a fight for that to be signed by all of them, otherwise it would have been a cat run. 

Microsoft has a partnership with IBM Technologies and if I remember right (correct me if I'm wrong) owns a patent on their PC system, not just Windows. They have since the 80's. But they also have partnerships with dozens of other companies for dozens of other reasons, so their profits aren't solely from one single aspect of their business dealings. While one may generate more capital than the others, it isn't bringing in 95% of their yearly gross.

They will make this $70 billion back in two years time. That much I am sure of. They may even make it back quicker than that. Microsoft is a huge company. Bigger than the average consumer even knows. And with a company that big, of course there are shady illegal things going on somewhere to generate even more money. I don't know exactly where the cracks are, just as I'm sure no one else here does. But that doesn't negate the fact that they are there. And until those cracks are sealed, you and I are just pouring our money into a black hole, and getting very little back in return, if anything at all.

The shit rolls downhill people. Remember that.