Register Now
Shagger

Xbox to Buy Activision-Blizzard for $68.7 Billion.

I've heard about this over the past several weeks. I'm honestly not sure how I feel regarding this agreement they are planning to make. I highly doubt that Microsoft would make Call of Duty an Xbox/PC only game because they would lose out on a ton of money from PlayStation players. I truly hope it doesn't come to that, but large companies seem to be pretty money hungry the majority of the time. If Microsoft feels that they could sell more products because of Call of Duty fans it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to go that route. I guess we will all just have to see how it plays out. 

46 minutes ago, dfarmer2001 said:

I've heard about this over the past several weeks. I'm honestly not sure how I feel regarding this agreement they are planning to make. I highly doubt that Microsoft would make Call of Duty an Xbox/PC only game because they would lose out on a ton of money from PlayStation players. I truly hope it doesn't come to that, but large companies seem to be pretty money hungry the majority of the time. If Microsoft feels that they could sell more products because of Call of Duty fans it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to go that route. I guess we will all just have to see how it plays out. 

I don't really think COD can legally be exclusive, but what's stopping them from say, exclusive content.

6 minutes ago, Techno said:

I don't really think COD can legally be exclusive, but what's stopping them from say, exclusive content.

That depends on what kind of publishing deal Activision-Blizzard had (or still has) with Sony.  It could just be year by year or it might be a multi-year contract.  Microsoft will have to honour any existing contracts that Activision-Blizzard has with Sony but their IP's including Call of Duty WILL become exclusive to XBox and Windows PC eventually.

4 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

That depends on what kind of publishing deal Activision-Blizzard had (or still has) with Sony.  It could just be year by year or it might be a multi-year contract.  Microsoft will have to honour any existing contracts that Activision-Blizzard has with Sony but their IP's including Call of Duty WILL become exclusive to XBox and Windows PC eventually.

I was talking more of government interference. I think Microsoft won't be legally allowed to make COD exclusive.

8 minutes ago, Techno said:

I was talking more of government interference. I think Microsoft won't be legally allowed to make COD exclusive.

Why would there "Government Interference" ?  Microsoft have a legal obligation to follow through with any of Activision-Blizzard's existing contracts but after that they can do whatever they want.  That includes making COD a Microsoft platform exclusive which they absolutely will, it's why they bought Activision-Blizzard in the first place.

You might not like it but the US government (or any government for that matter) has no legal precedent to make these decisions for them and rightly so.  A government might get involved with the internal workings of a company if they were doing something illegal or highly unethical but this is nowhere near that level.

Let's picture a slightly different scenario.  Picture the US government telling Nintendo they can't release the next Zelda game on the Switch unless it's released on PlayStation 5 as well.  That would be absolutely absurd.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Ignore his comments. The staff will take care of his nonsense, as we can see the entire forum is getting tired of it.

Doing that already. It gets tiring sometimes for me getting to stumble on that from time to time. Anyways, I'm taking your advice on the snubbing tactics. 

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Microsoft has a partnership with IBM Technologies and if I remember right (correct me if I'm wrong) owns a patent on their PC system, not just Windows. They have since the 80's. But they also have partnerships with dozens of other companies for dozens of other reasons, so their profits aren't solely from one single aspect of their business dealings. While one may generate more capital than the others, it isn't bringing in 95% of their yearly gross.

They will make this $70 billion back in two years time. That much I am sure of. They may even make it back quicker than that. Microsoft is a huge company. Bigger than the average consumer even knows. And with a company that big, of course there are shady illegal things going on somewhere to generate even more money. I don't know exactly where the cracks are, just as I'm sure no one else here does. But that doesn't negate the fact that they are there. And until those cracks are sealed, you and I are just pouring our money into a black hole, and getting very little back in return, if anything at all.

The shit rolls downhill people. Remember that.

This is something that I know for sure when it comes to how they agreed to the $70 billion dollar deal. They definitely have more access to money than we all know of. 

2 minutes ago, Techno said:

You know what's funny, Microsoft was being mocked for years about had they had no exclusive games. Well it might have gotten to them. Cause they bout to have exclusive games alright.

Yeah, but instead of supporting the development of anything new and creative to define them as a platform, they're just buying up publishers. For them to boast about those "exclusives" would more likely irk people.

4 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Yeah, but instead of supporting the development of anything new and creative to define them as a platform, they're just buying up publishers. For them to boast about those "exclusives" would more likely irk people.

Which just makes it funnier, they're just taking studios and games from PlayStation. It's not like Sony hasn't been doing the same thing, but Microsoft was bring missiles to a gunfight.

1 hour ago, Techno said:

Which just makes it funnier, they're just taking studios and games from PlayStation. It's not like Sony hasn't been doing the same thing, but Microsoft was bring missiles to a gunfight.

They want to quell the competition as quickly as possible at least for them to dominate for a while. Hey, tbvh, I love the phrase "Microsoft was bring missiles to a gunfight"