Register Now
Shagger

Xbox to Buy Activision-Blizzard for $68.7 Billion.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I remember seeing this and having to borrow my mom's glasses because I thought I was seeing doubles. Honestly, I'm not even sure what to say at this point...

Wow, you're finally back my friend. It's been a while. I have been looking for your comments and updates. I hope you are doing well? 

On 1/27/2022 at 8:46 AM, Techno said:

Which just makes it funnier, they're just taking studios and games from PlayStation. It's not like Sony hasn't been doing the same thing, but Microsoft was bring missiles to a gunfight.

Too true. You gotta remember that Black Cats are no match for a Soviet Nerf 6.

6 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Too true. You gotta remember that Black Cats are no match for a Soviet Nerf 6.

It would honestly be more of a R-36M to a Stg 44. They didn't just pick up COD, they got Overwatch, WOW, Crash, Spyro, Skylanders, Blur, Hexxen, and so many more IP. They basically doubled their ip.

29 minutes ago, Techno said:

It would honestly be more of a R-36M to a Stg 44. They didn't just pick up COD, they got Overwatch, WOW, Crash, Spyro, Skylanders, Blur, Hexxen, and so many more IP. They basically doubled their ip.

They sure did came up with a better marketing strategy to dominate and it seems like they hit a job with it so far. 

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I remember seeing this and having to borrow my mom's glasses because I thought I was seeing doubles. Honestly, I'm not even sure what to say at this point...

I believe that no one actually saw that move coming from Xbox but it wasn't surprising that Activision Blizzard would be looking for a way out after their last spat with their employee. 

33 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I actually have it in mind that after what happened, Activision-Blizzard is as good as dead but never imagined Xbox to swoop in as their hail mary. 

I wouldn't say that. They'll still be known and Activision blizzard, and from what i heard will continue working as they normally do. 

Both names still have a lot of importance, so there's no way they will change the names of the company. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I wouldn't say that. They'll still be known and Activision blizzard, and from what i heard will continue working as they normally do. 

Both names still have a lot of importance, so there's no way they will change the names of the company. 

I believe that anything happen after their mutual contract ends with the company but either way, I'm very happy with how things have progressed. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I don't really know what would happen for sure but let's wait till everything is finalized and signed. 

Blizzard has put out a lot of great games in the past, but their heyday is long gone. They did pretty good after the merger with Activision, but nothing spectacular. WoW being the only real exception. Diablo II did exceptionally well also, but it alone wouldn't have been enough to save the company. The merger pretty much saved their ass. And now with Microsoft backing them, a lot of jobs have been saved. Though as it is with any merger, there will be cutbacks and a lot of people will lose their jobs. It's the nature of the beast.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Blizzard has put out a lot of great games in the past, but their heyday is long gone. They did pretty good after the merger with Activision, but nothing spectacular. WoW being the only real exception. Diablo II did exceptionally well also, but it alone wouldn't have been enough to save the company. The merger pretty much saved their ass. And now with Microsoft backing them, a lot of jobs have been saved. Though as it is with any merger, there will be cutbacks and a lot of people will lose their jobs. It's the nature of the beast.

Activision have ruined most of their Iconic series at this point and with the sexual harassment case adding fuel to the fire, they had no choice but to sell up.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

No doubt that there will be significant restructuring at Activisiion-Blizzard and there needs to be but it's going to take some time.  With that being said I don't think job losses are going to be that  high, I think more people are going to be moved around depending on what IP's Microsoft want to prioritise.  Given Activision's old pattern of hiring then axing on mass I'd say people's jobs at safer than they were before.

Edited by Crazycrab

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Activision have ruined most of their Iconic series at this point and with the sexual harassment case adding fuel to the fire, they had no choice but to sell up.

The sexual harassment case adding fuel to the fire was the last nail to their coffin. There was no way they would have survived it. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

The sexual harassment case adding fuel to the fire was the last nail to their coffin. There was no way they would have survived it. 

Bobby Kotick should be in prison by all accounts so we'll see what happens with that. So I'm curious how is Microsoft going to deal with these harassment claims because now they've inherited that. I suspect they'll settle with the victims and maybe do some massive restructuring as well.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Seriously, the same thing can be said about EA when it comes to a lot of their great game's series they have messed up like Dead Space.