Register Now
The Blackangel

Born in misery, lived in misery, died in misery. Happy birthday anyway.

I will most likely forget tomorrow, so I want to wish a happy birthday to a man whom I have admired for as long as I can remember.

Happy birthday to Edgar Allen Poe.

Born January 19, 1809 
Died October 7, 1849

May he find the peace in death that eluded him in life.

And the raven, never flitting
Still is sitting, STILL is sitting, on the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door 
And his eyes have all the seeming of a daemon that is dreaming
And the lamplight o’er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor 
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor shall be lifted

-Nevermore

Edited by The Blackangel

14 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Cooping theory; but I think that's all it is, is just a theory. Supposedly he was found unconscious by a polling place on election day. They say it's because of his alcoholism. But this was also during a time when people would kidnap others, drug them, and force them to vote multiple times. 

32 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

What are you talking about? How would Edgar Allen Poe have been involved in a voter fraud scheme? He didn't partake in politics.

Yep, thats one theory, as I said just some theories I was looking at, here is one page that I found  https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/still-mysterious-death-edgar-allan-poe-180952936/

He was found in Baltimore, the victim of an apparent beating or robbery, laying in the gutter babbling incoherently. His friend Joseph Snodgrass and taken to the Washington College hospital. He spent the next several days in a state of delirium, calling for an unknown man named "Reynolds". On the day he died, ha finally seemed to rest a little bit before his last words.

He died almost immediately after saying "Lord, help my poor soul."

He was reburied in October 1875, with not only a tombstone, but a full on monument to him. Also an interesting note is that, for more than 50 years, every January 19th (Poe's birthday) a man dressed in black and fedora has left 3 red roses and a bottle of cognac on Poe's grave.