Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Could Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed merge together?

There are assassin side missions in Watch Dogs Legion which brilliantly ties the two together. I want to see more of that; just feels like a dream come true. It came as a surprise to me when the missions became available. But it just fits in so perfectly with the assassins vs the templars and democracy vs tyranny, with reference to AC Syndicate which takes place in late 1800's London whereas WDL is a futuristic London. Thanks for that surprise Ubisoft! I think this really is going to be a revolution to gaming what Ubisoft is doing and with all the new features in gaming that Watch Dogs Legion has. I think they should really tie in the two series. If Assassin's Creed had a futuristic setting, then WDL would be the perfect example of it. And by all means, I don't mean to assume WDL is just like AC at all; because there is so much more to Watch dogs Legion that sets it apart. And pretty much sets it apart from any game. I think WDL has the best take on any futuristic setting in any game made. Well, my gaming world got whole lot interesting. 

Both are quite different so I would definitely hate to see both games merged. It's fine to have a mission or two that might be "linked" or just refers to the other game. But I wouldn't go as far as trying to combine the both.

If I remember correctly, they are both in the same universe. I think there have been references to Assassin's Creed in Watch Dogs 2, but I forget. Either way, same company, so they could make it happen if they wanted to. And honestly it could work. Consider the newer Watchdogs, Legion. I'm pretty sure you can assassinate people in Watch Dogs, at least some missions, so it's not far from possibility. 

I can't find a source for you right now but it was confirmed multiple times that any references the games make to each other are Easter eggs and nothing more. So officially they aren't in the same universe but they really should be.

On a sidenote, it would be so cool to see a Watch Dogs/AC crossover.

One of the character NPC you can play after finishing some assassin missions is Darcy, who has assassin gear and cool abilities. Darcy unlocks in the story, but you need the season pass to be able to play her. Meanwhile, playing AC Syndicate is even more interesting now because now I'm thinking about how Victorian London and the fight with the templars, is now a horror filled dystopian London in WD Legion trying to get back the city. And comparing the scenery of the two games is interesting too. AC Syndicate still has some of those landmarks in futuristic London. So it's like a couple hundred years apart. I like things like that to compare differences of past, present, future even if it's fiction. To be able to play as an assassin all geared up in WD Legion to me is a major treat. It just brings a level of immersion that is legendary in my personal gaming experience. 

On 2/12/2022 at 11:24 PM, killamch89 said:

I'd much rather they stay separate entities - I like them just as they are. Who knows with Ubisoft though? If it would make them a lot of money, they'd merge both in a heartbeat.

The money is always going to be a constant in the deal for such merging. Ubisoft would never get into something that's not going to pay them well. 

On 1/22/2022 at 3:01 PM, Shagger said:

For me, the Aminus is already more than enough lashings of the modern world in AC, the last thing an AC game needs is more of that. But that's me.

Actually, I want to surprise you how awesome the story the AC series has with the animus and ISU civilization. No doubt I have the intention to summarize the whole animus storyline. It's awesome

9 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Watch Dogs has become one of my all time favorite series and I seriously think my fascination with AC and WD are on a level of awesome that I have to say are rattling my brain in a complete symbiotic relationship. 

Watch Dogs 2 for me. I really enjoyed every minute I played the game. That is until I encountered a glitch at one point that resulted in a lot of progress to be lost. I thankfully didn't lose too much, but it was quite annoying to say the least. 

But yeah, I could see Watch Dogs and AC mixing well together. I wish they'd try it out.