Jump to content
Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that do really well with typically annoying things?

Recommended Posts

My number 1 complaint would be the games that basically force you to do a quest, and then you have to do either a side-quest or even minigame/mini-quest inside of it to complete it or advanced further. Like why not just make that apart of the quest itself vs. having ties to doing other things that have their own requirements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Boblee said:

The bugs and glitches in any games that I play are the most annoying thing that I can ever think of especially the ones in Fallout series. 

She's simply talking about those kind of weird features we dislike in games, but as we progresses on the game, we simply adhere to enjoy them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2022 at 10:39 AM, Justin11 said:

She's simply talking about those kind of weird features we dislike in games, but as we progresses on the game, we simply adhere to enjoy them. 

Let me ask you, don't gamers get used to game's bugs and glitches along the way of playing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Let me ask you, don't gamers get used to game's bugs and glitches along the way of playing? 

Sure with some of them. Not all bugs and glitches hurt the game. Some are fun and add to it, some are dumb and give us a laugh, while others can in fact cause issues. Games where you fall under the map, glitch into walls or get stuck in a jump animation, or something else. There's a lot of bugs and glitches in games that will bug gamers. No pun intended. But we get used to some of them because retro and past games can't be fixed anymore. So you're stuck with those glitches on those cart based games. The only way to fix those, would be to go back to the drawing table, fix the problem and then re-release the game. These days we get patches. 

I would say that most games I have played, don't bother me much with glitches or bugs. Sure some will piss ya off, but when you know it, you then know how not to repeat the mistake. So you kinda learn to live with it in most games. I mean hell, cyberpunk 2077 alone is a buggy, glitchy mess, but it's still got a good game under all the issues. Which reminds me, I should really jump back into it soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

Let me ask you, don't gamers get used to game's bugs and glitches along the way of playing? 

We get frustrated at some of the games no doubt. Especially those ones that are marred with plenty bugs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still to this day cannot stand the "Universal Ammunition" system in Deus Ex: Invisible War.

I like having to manage my gameplay and keeping a diverse range of weapons to make the most of whatever pickups are available. I do not like being unable to use my pistol because I fired too many rockets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've encountered a glitch in GT6.  If you try to give the Renault 5 Turbo a rear spoiler, you can lay down your specifications, but you can't press install.  Normally if there were no way to install a rear spoiler, there would be no way to adjust spoiler dimensions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Sure with some of them. Not all bugs and glitches hurt the game. Some are fun and add to it, some are dumb and give us a laugh, while others can in fact cause issues. Games where you fall under the map, glitch into walls or get stuck in a jump animation, or something else. There's a lot of bugs and glitches in games that will bug gamers. No pun intended. But we get used to some of them because retro and past games can't be fixed anymore. So you're stuck with those glitches on those cart based games. The only way to fix those, would be to go back to the drawing table, fix the problem and then re-release the game. These days we get patches. 

I would say that most games I have played, don't bother me much with glitches or bugs. Sure some will piss ya off, but when you know it, you then know how not to repeat the mistake. So you kinda learn to live with it in most games. I mean hell, cyberpunk 2077 alone is a buggy, glitchy mess, but it's still got a good game under all the issues. Which reminds me, I should really jump back into it soon. 

That's exactly the point I have been trying to make for better understanding and you just highlighted it very well for me. Thanks for doing that because it saved me a lot of stress. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...