Register Now
StaceyPowers

Book authors you would like to write for video games?

Yes, R.A. Salvatore from the Legend of Drizzt series. He even has a son he wrote some books with which is pretty awesome to share that with. Drizzt is a beloved character in the D&D/Forgotten Realms universe.

And also Steven Erikson from the Malazan series. His imagination would bring very unique lore to the gaming world, which I think could become something as big as the Forgotten Realms. 

22 hours ago, Kane99 said:

George R.R. Martin working on more games would be dope. I heard he worked on Elden Ring, so I'd like to see how that turns out. Here's hoping that he does some more work on games, because I'd love to see what he is capable of doing for the gaming side of things. 

Anyone that FromSoftware Inc gets to work on their upcoming game Elden Ring is definitely a big shark in the waters. 

On 1/20/2022 at 12:15 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yes, R.A. Salvatore from the Legend of Drizzt series. He even has a son he wrote some books with which is pretty awesome to share that with. Drizzt is a beloved character in the D&D/Forgotten Realms universe.

And also Steven Erikson from the Malazan series. His imagination would bring very unique lore to the gaming world, which I think could become something as big as the Forgotten Realms. 

I need to read up more on Steven Erikson. I have come across one his books once but didn't get the right mindset to really appreciate it well. 

59 minutes ago, Boblee said:

I need to read up more on Steven Erikson. I have come across one his books once but didn't get the right mindset to really appreciate it well. 

He does carry on a bit without a clear focus on the plot, but how he creates the worlds and characters with that level of depth would spark great things in the gaming environment. I think the series might be too intimidating to try and tackle as a game because there is so much material to work with. 

15 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

He does carry on a bit without a clear focus on the plot, but how he creates the worlds and characters with that level of depth would spark great things in the gaming environment. I think the series might be too intimidating to try and tackle as a game because there is so much material to work with. 

Definitely there are great gaming companies that are capable of making such a game of that nature. I believe that Xbox can actually do it looking at the number of studios they have under their banner.