Register Now
GeppyX

There's a free PS5 scam on Facebook

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I have to disagree there, with the console being permabanned it's damn near useless.  So unless there is a way of contacting Sony customer service to get the ban removed (which I don't think they can) it's pretty much flushing $448 down the crapper.

You would be buying a $500 paperweight with that one. I agree that there's probably no way Sony could remove the ban. And even if they could, I doubt they would. There's no way to prove who it is that owns it. If someone bought it from the person who is banned, they couldn't prove that. So it's a useless PS5 unless you want to play a disc game with no updates or bonus codes. Assuming that's even still possible on the machine.

On 2/3/2022 at 1:16 PM, Crazycrab said:

I have to disagree there, with the console being permabanned it's damn near useless.  So unless there is a way of contacting Sony customer service to get the ban removed (which I don't think they can) it's pretty much flushing $448 down the crapper.

Oh yeah, that's awful and the console is pretty much useless especially since it's almost the retail price. But I was just commenting on the fact that others were wondering why the price was so low compared to the other consoles being sold online.

On 1/19/2022 at 7:24 PM, GeppyX said:

I almost fell for it. I was looking at dog pictures in a group and this lady said she got promoted at her job and wants to give away these free PS5s. I contacted her and she said it would just be 50 for shipping. I got a little suspicious and she said she had no reason to scam me since she knows how hard it is to make bread. I did some research on FB and saw that other accounts posted the same pics and message. I figured out it was a scam. I almost fell for it because I have wanted a PS5 so bad, for so long.

I'm beginning to give up on getting a PS5. I got a Switch and have been collecting for the Switch and PS4. Sony will probably never have PS5 readily available. 

After @The Blackangel and I got scammed on a bird if there is something on CL that I’m interested in but worried it might be a scam is to ask the person to write write something and then have them hold up the sign by whatever it is they are selling and have someone take their picture and send it to me. 
So far when I ask for this no one took me up on the offer so it was evident that they were scammers. 

On 1/20/2022 at 2:24 AM, GeppyX said:

I almost fell for it. I was looking at dog pictures in a group and this lady said she got promoted at her job and wants to give away these free PS5s. I contacted her and she said it would just be 50 for shipping. I got a little suspicious and she said she had no reason to scam me since she knows how hard it is to make bread. I did some research on FB and saw that other accounts posted the same pics and message. I figured out it was a scam. I almost fell for it because I have wanted a PS5 so bad, for so long.

I'm beginning to give up on getting a PS5. I got a Switch and have been collecting for the Switch and PS4. Sony will probably never have PS5 readily available. 

Well,scammers are now growing on Facebook and that's pathetic, if you ask for my opinion. How most of those guys were not banned by Facebook is still shocking to me.

On 1/20/2022 at 2:24 AM, GeppyX said:

Don't give up please. I believe that ps5 will be readily available before the end of this year

5 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Don't give up please. I believe that ps5 will be readily available before the end of this year

While I believe most of us waiting for PS5 to be in the market shouldn't give up, I don't see anything that is giving us hope not to give up, if you ask me.

On 3/8/2022 at 5:48 AM, Knight Barida said:

While I believe most of us waiting for PS5 to be in the market shouldn't give up, I don't see anything that is giving us hope not to give up, if you ask me

Well I have never noticed scarcity of PlayStation before now. I was able to purchase from ps1-4 and I strongly believe that PS5 will be available soon. 

2 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Well I have never noticed scarcity of PlayStation before now. I was able to purchase from ps1-4 and I strongly believe that PS5 will be available soon. 

I partly  agree that the Corona virus contributed to the cause of delaying releasing those Ps5. At a point in time, you get to see that we have a lot on our hands we should do to ensure that getting our favorite consoles becomes a reality. 

9 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

I partly  agree that the Corona virus contributed to the cause of delaying releasing those Ps5. At a point in time, you get to see that we have a lot on our hands we should do to ensure that getting our favorite consoles becomes a reality. 

I agree with you on this too. The pandemic might just be the reason for all these delays.. the pandemic really ruins a whole lot of plans.

The reason I don't pay attention to social medias advertisements is the scam involved in it. It is hard to find any legitimate advertisement going on with social medias when it comes to bringing financial returns or returns that are reasonable with other prizes. 

On 3/10/2022 at 1:24 AM, Head_Hunter said:

The reason I don't pay attention to social medias advertisements is the scam involved in it. It is hard to find any legitimate advertisement going on with social medias when it comes to bringing financial returns or returns that are reasonable with other prizes. 

There are still legit social media handles that advertises items that are legit. However, I use the price as a measure to how whether what they are advertising is real or not.

58 minutes ago, Knight Barida said:

There are still legit social media handles that advertises items that are legit. However, I use the price as a measure to how whether what they are advertising is real or not.

Facebook is one of them, it has a marketplace for all regions, but I don't go there to shop. Their are legit sellers in there, and also fraudulent ones.