Register Now
Heatman

Are games cheaper on PS4 than on Xbox consoles?

In my experience, I haven't found one to be better than the other. They both have discounts and sales where at times will be cheaper on one of the two, but this isn't a constant think. Typically, the game will be the pretty much same price. If your friend is look to choose between the platforms, he should consider other things. Is he interseted in the subscriptions available and what platform has the better exclusive games.

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Not having any Xbox console yet, I wouldn't know if games are cheaper on Xbox consoles than they are on Playstation 4 or 5 consoles. 

Asking for a friend who needs the information to make his buying decision on either Xbox or Playstation. 

Game's are really any cheaper on either platform but with Gamepass you probably won't be buying as many games at retail price so it's better value overall.

I'd say about the same in terms of sales, but Gamepass still surpasses what PS has with their PS Plus service. I think it'll catch up with Xbox though on that side of it. But I think it'll eventually equal out on both ends. 

9 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I'd say about the same in terms of sales, but Gamepass still surpasses what PS has with their PS Plus service. I think it'll catch up with Xbox though on that side of it. But I think it'll eventually equal out on both ends. 

I think it would be fair to the balance of this thread and so @Heatman's friend can have all the information he need if I point out PlayStation do have and equivalent to Gamepass called PS Now. They're basically the same idea. What one each individual person might prefer will come down to opinion, but I do feel Gamepass has a bit more to offer.

Yes PS Now, that's what I was thinking. It is similar, but I do second your opinion that Gamepass has more to offer. But, PS Now could get better. I heard rumors a while back that they are still working on making backwards compatibility a possibility. If they can make it possible for all past games to work, that'd be awesome. If they can get some of the games on PS Now, that'd be a big get for them. 

15 hours ago, Shagger said:

I think it would be fair to the balance of this thread and so @Heatman's friend can have all the information he need if I point out PlayStation do have and equivalent to Gamepass called PS Now. They're basically the same idea. What one each individual person might prefer will come down to opinion, but I do feel Gamepass has a bit more to offer.

Maybe because Gamepass have been around for a while more than PS Now makes it a better option in terms of knowing how to offer gamers more. 

Both are better, it depends if it's PS4, 5, or simply Xbox X/S. I wouldn't know the one your friend wants. Simply take the opinion of Empire, Shagger, you should tell him to consider the discounts via their different online stores to subscribe through there and play digital version games. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Both are better, it depends if it's PS4, 5, or simply Xbox X/S. I wouldn't know the one your friend wants. Simply take the opinion of Empire, Shagger, you should tell him to consider the discounts via their different online stores to subscribe through there and play digital version games. 

There are so many detailed tips on on how to get the friend to make his decisions based on the one that's going to favor him very well. 

On 2/12/2022 at 10:15 AM, Boblee said:

There are so many detailed tips on on how to get the friend to make his decisions based on the one that's going to favor him very well. 

Yeah, when I read lots of members opinions I was very satisfied with the information gotten, I believe it will satisfy Heatman which he'll definitely tell his friend too.