Register Now
StaceyPowers

What are some older games that still don’t feel dated to you?

9 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Most of them are digital, because I rooted the storage drive to accept DLCs, which helped me to own many PS3 games. I had many CDs too, they aren't all that expensive since I got most of them second hand. 

It's almost impossible to sell digital games. It's the main advantage physical game's players have over digital games players. 

5 minutes ago, Boblee said:

It's almost impossible to sell digital games. It's the main advantage physical game's players have over digital games players. 

That's true, digital games stays with the console, but physical games can be driven to another console, that's a big advantage for anyone holding much of the physical games. 

On 1/28/2022 at 7:20 PM, The Blackangel said:

NES games. To name just a few...

8 Eyes
A Boy And His Blob
Abadox
Astyanax
Bad Dudes
Batman
Battletoads
Blaster Master
Bubble Bobble
Castlequest
Castlevania 1,2,3
Clash At Demonhead
Contra
Contra Super C
Deadly Towers
Demon Sword
Dig Dug 2
Donkey Kong Classics
Double Dragon 1,2,3
Dr Mario
Dragon Warrior
Ducktales 2
Excitebike
Faxanadu
Festers Quest
Final Fantasy
Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll
Friday The 13th
Gauntlet 1,2
Gyromite
Hydlide
Ice Hockey
Iron Sword
Junior Edition Jeopardy
Karate Champ
Kid Icarus
Kings Knight
Kirbys Adventure
Kung Fu
Legacy Of The Wizard
Legend Of Zelda, The(gold)
Little Mermaid, The
Marble Madness
Mario Bros
Mega Man 2,3,4,6
Metroid
Milon's Secret Castle
Ninja Gaiden
Punch Out
Q*Bert
Rescue Rangers
Rocketeer, The
Rygar
Shadowgate
Solstice
Spy Hunter
Street Fighter 2010
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, SMB2,SMB3
T&C Surf Designs
Taboo The Sixth Sense
Tiger-Heli
Time Lord
TMNT 1,2,3
TMNT Tournament Fighters
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Willow
Wizards & Warriors
Yo! Noid
Yoshi
Zelda 2 The Adventure Of Link(gold)

Those are just some from my personal collection.

This just convinced me that you are a true game lover, if you've played wizard & heroes, link(gold), Street fighter 2010, mega Man, flying dragon. You pretty much mentioned all the games which were my top favorite in the past, like how long have you been playing video games 😳?

35 minutes ago, Clasher said:

This just convinced me that you are a true game lover, if you've played wizard & heroes, link(gold), Street fighter 2010, mega Man, flying dragon. You pretty much mentioned all the games which were my top favorite in the past, like how long have you been playing video games 😳?

On Nintendo systems, I've been playing for 35 years. On older systems (Atari 2600, Colecovision, etc.) I've been playing closer to 38 years. Currently, I'm 40 years old. And was there ever any real doubt that I'm a gamer?😁

13 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

That's complete roster of games, I wouldn't on my own play those games within a year, I believe The Black Angel have been playing them for ages now. 

That is in fact NOT a complete roster of games, That is only a small portion of my games, and it is only one system.

Edited by The Blackangel

3 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

On Nintendo systems, I've been playing for 35 years. On older systems (Atari 2600, Colecovision, etc.) I've been playing closer to 38 years.

That is in fact NOT a complete roster of games, That is only a small portion of my games, and it is only one system.

Wow, at this point I feel like I know nothing about games LOL. Only been playing video games for about fifteen years now. Started with game boy and then Nintendo systems, I got Xbox and PlayStation at approximately the same time.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

That's cool to hear, so, which console/device contain all those games you listed? 

19 hours ago, Clasher said:

Wow, at this point I feel like I know nothing about games LOL. Only been playing video games for about fifteen years now. Started with game boy and then Nintendo systems, I got Xbox and PlayStation at approximately the same time.

Some people are heavy gamers and that's clearly what you had to find out her. I admire her commitment to games and wish I would get to that level one day. 

4 hours ago, Boblee said:

Some people are heavy gamers and that's clearly what you had to find out her. I admire her commitment to games and wish I would get to that level one day. 

I could remember the good old days when I had much time to spare I would usually play video games for several hours. Now i'm just a shadow of my former self but I still squeeze out time to play video games because as the saying goes old habits die hard and with my current pace I don't think I would ever get to play as much games as @The Blackangel

It has been 15 years since Roblox was released but I never feel that this game is outdated. I have been playing Roblox for a long time, it is really good game for creative people (as you can develop your own game)

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Reexamine my post. You will figure it out. Start reading posts prior to making any replies.

My bad, I didn't know you talked about Nintendo switch as your console, it is written as 'SNES, that got me confused. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

My bad, I didn't know you talked about Nintendo switch as your console, it is written as 'SNES, that got me confused. 

This reply is directly at @Justin11, but I want anyone who sees this to read it and read it carefully.

Here's the thing @Justin11. You don't bother to take the time to adequately read a post then without thinking it through you make a reply. The reply is clearly made with inadequate understanding of the post you are replying to and/or a lack of understanding of the facts and the subject matter of the thread itself. Then you say "my bad" and apologise. Then comes the part that genuinely pisses me off, you never learn form this when it happens and sooner or later you do exact same thing again. Why does this keep happening? Why is it despite making this mistake time after time, you keep doing it? Well, I'll tell you why, it's because you don't care. You don't care to put in the effort it takes to avoid making this mistake again, because reading and replying to posts with consistent accuracy on a forum does take effort. It takes reading a post carefully and making sure you understand it (Especially important if English isn't your first language.) then taking just as much care to crafting a reply that is worth making. But for you, getting this wrong is inevitable no matter how many times you "apologize" for it

And cherry on top of this shit cake is that in this thread, you are STILL getting it wrong! There's not one point in this entire thread @The Blackangel even mentioned the SNES or The Switch. Look again at her first post;

On 1/28/2022 at 6:20 PM, The Blackangel said:

NES games. To name just a few...

8 Eyes
A Boy And His Blob
Abadox
Astyanax
Bad Dudes
Batman
Battletoads
Blaster Master
Bubble Bobble
Castlequest
Castlevania 1,2,3
Clash At Demonhead
Contra
Contra Super C
Deadly Towers
Demon Sword
Dig Dug 2
Donkey Kong Classics
Double Dragon 1,2,3
Dr Mario
Dragon Warrior
Ducktales 2
Excitebike
Faxanadu
Festers Quest
Final Fantasy
Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll
Friday The 13th
Gauntlet 1,2
Gyromite
Hydlide
Ice Hockey
Iron Sword
Junior Edition Jeopardy
Karate Champ
Kid Icarus
Kings Knight
Kirbys Adventure
Kung Fu
Legacy Of The Wizard
Legend Of Zelda, The(gold)
Little Mermaid, The
Marble Madness
Mario Bros
Mega Man 2,3,4,6
Metroid
Milon's Secret Castle
Ninja Gaiden
Punch Out
Q*Bert
Rescue Rangers
Rocketeer, The
Rygar
Shadowgate
Solstice
Spy Hunter
Street Fighter 2010
Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, SMB2,SMB3
T&C Surf Designs
Taboo The Sixth Sense
Tiger-Heli
Time Lord
TMNT 1,2,3
TMNT Tournament Fighters
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Willow
Wizards & Warriors
Yo! Noid
Yoshi
Zelda 2 The Adventure Of Link(gold)

Those are just some from my personal collection.

She even said in that post that that was only a potion of her NES games, another thing that needed repeated for your sake because you clearly didn't read it properly.

We know you're not doing this maliciously, but there has to come a point where you're not doing it by accident either. People who post on this forum, moderator or not, at the very least deserve to have people who read thier posts actually read them and understand them, especially if the one reading the post intends to reply. I really should not have to explain this to anyone because it's basic forum etiquette as well as common sense. It is so frustrating dealing with someone not understanding and replying to your clearly written, easy to understand posts because they can't be bothered to take the time to read them properly. I'd even call it infuriating. It would actually be better to ignore other people's posts completely than keep doing this.

Now, I really don't know where to go with you and the others who consistently do this sort of thing. Another thing I feel like I've said a million times, we understand that English is not the first language for a lot of our members, and if people do struggle with English we are here to help anyone needs help, but it's also true that it's each members responsibility to take the time they need to both read and write posts accurately. However, I tend to find that in most of these instances people tend to leave little time between posts, suggesting they are doing this in a rush.

If you keep doing this, we will have to take more affirmative action. We don't want your apologies @Justin11, we want to to learn from these instances.

Edited by Shagger