Register Now
StaceyPowers

What are some older games that still don’t feel dated to you?

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

My bad, I didn't know you talked about Nintendo switch as your console, it is written as 'SNES, that got me confused. 

Are you for real? Let me just not add fuel to the fire because it's clear that the mod have already done more than enough to get you to understand what you're doing wrong. It's all up to you to embrace it. 

19 hours ago, Clasher said:

I could remember the good old days when I had much time to spare I would usually play video games for several hours. Now i'm just a shadow of my former self but I still squeeze out time to play video games because as the saying goes old habits die hard and with my current pace I don't think I would ever get to play as much games as @The Blackangel

Yeah, I did told her one time that should I get to her level of games player/collected, I would be working on starting something like a game library or small museum. 

12 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

If you're a collector, it will be cool for you to build a museum in the future for yourself and drive people visiting your museum and seeing your collections of games and achievements. 

Don't get ahead of yourself yet. I'm yet to start as everything is still under speculation. If I eventually get to make a decision on it, I'd let others know. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Don't get ahead of yourself yet. I'm yet to start as everything is still under speculation. If I eventually get to make a decision on it, I'd let others know. 

No problem, I wouldn't suggest further, since you're the sole decision maker. I'll be expecting your response prior to what you've suggested here concerning your museum future plans. 

17 hours ago, Shagger said:

This reply is directly at @Justin11, but I want anyone who sees this to read it and read it carefully.

Here's the thing @Justin11. You don't bother to take the time to adequately read a post then without thinking it through you make a reply. The reply is clearly made with inadequate understanding of the post you are replying to and/or a lack of understanding of the facts and the subject matter of the thread itself. Then you say "my bad" and apologise. Then comes the part that genuinely pisses me off, you never learn form this when it happens and sooner or later you do exact same thing again. Why does this keep happening? Why is it despite making this mistake time after time, you keep doing it? Well, I'll tell you why, it's because you don't care. You don't care to put in the effort it takes to avoiding this mistake again, because reading and replying to posts with consistent accuracy on a forum does take effort. It takes reading a post carefully and making sure you understand it (Especially important if English isn't your first language.) then taking just as much care to crafting a reply that is worth making. But for you, getting this wrong is inevitable no matter how many times you "apologize" for it

And cherry on top of this shit cake is that in this thread, you are STILL getting it wrong! There's not one point in this entire thread @The Blackangel even mentioned the SNES or The Switch. Look again at her first post;

She even said in that post that that was only a potion of her NES games, another thing that needed repeated for your sake because you clearly didn't read it properly.

We know you're not doing this maliciously, but there has to come a point where you're not doing it by accident either. People who post on this forum, moderator or not, at the very least deserve to have people who read thier posts actually read them and understand them, especially if the one reading the post intends to reply. I really should not have to explain this to anyone because it's basic forum etiquette as well as common sense. It is so frustrating dealing with someone not understanding and replying to your clearly written, easy to understand posts because they can't be bothered to take the time to read them properly. I'd even call it infuriating. It would actually be better to ignore other people's posts completely than keep doing this.

Now, I really don't know where to go with you and the others who consistently do this sort of thing. Another thing I feel like I've said a million times, we understand that English is not the first language for a lot of our members, and if people do struggle with English we are here to help anyone needs help, but it's also true that it's each members responsibility to take the time they need to both read and write posts accurately. However, I tend to find that in most of these instances people tend to leave little time between posts, suggesting they are doing this in a rush.

If you keep doing this, we will have to take more affirmative action. We don't want your apologies @Justin11, we want to to learn from these instances.

Everything was there for him to know with respect to the unnecessary question he asked which have been answered in the comment but the reality was that he never truly read it. 

The way I see it, he make a fool of himself which isn't a nice thing to do. @Justin11just slow down and catch your breath, I'm sure you will be alright after that. Stop putting a lot of heat on yourself. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, I did told her one time that should I get to her level of games player/collected, I would be working on starting something like a game library or small museum. 

You just reminded me of  many years back when I was collecting comic books from the comic store down the street been that they often send out their comics after the week for recycling I just pay some few bucks lesser than the original price and they hand it all to me.

The kids who live on the block and from around the neighborhood usually come to my crib to get some and pay for the reading time, that was how I raised money for my very first PS2 back then. The good old days..lol

13 hours ago, Clasher said:

You just reminded me of  many years back when I was collecting comic books from the comic store down the street been that they often send out their comics after the week for recycling I just pay some few bucks lesser than the original price and they hand it all to me.

The kids who live on the block and from around the neighborhood usually come to my crib to get some and pay for the reading time, that was how I raised money for my very first PS2 back then. The good old days..lol

I'm doing that with gaming magazines and I do have a big collection already. I read some of the magazines online but I love it better in physical copies. 

2 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I'm doing that with gaming magazines and I do have a big collection already. I read some of the magazines online but I love it better in physical copies. 

It still amazes me whenever I get to see people who still have a thing for printed magazines and newspapers. They are the classic old school we talk about. 

6 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

That's cool man, I wouldn't mind collecting items again, but I really feel like collecting old games that goes way and adding them to my backlog. Just so I can look at them and play or just to enjoy the feeling of having them around.

6 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Which one's are your favorite amongst the gaming magazines? I can't do without Edge Magazine. I have their subscription always taken care of. 

16 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's cool man, I wouldn't mind collecting items again, but I really feel like collecting old games that goes way and adding them to my backlog. Just so I can look at them and play or just to enjoy the feeling of having them around.

It's even way cooler if you get them in physical copies, because that one is way harder these days and it's what makes them more valuable. 

On 5/28/2022 at 5:13 PM, Dannyjax said:

Which one's are your favorite amongst the gaming magazines? I can't do without Edge Magazine. I have their subscription always taken care of. 

I love Edge Magazines very well as well but my favorite is PC Gamer magazine. 

21 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's even way cooler if you get them in physical copies, because that one is way harder these days and it's what makes them more valuable. 

Yeah, I think that's what I'm gonna do, there is this store I bumped into a few weeks ago and I couldn't believe the caliber of games they had in the store from really old Nintendo switch (still In good working condition), to some old Gameboy console and other classic games that goes way back. And they are been sold there at some really good price. I guess if I had started collecting these games like some years ago I would have gotten a hand full of 90's to 2000 gaming console that would be worth a fortune now.

On 5/26/2022 at 6:53 PM, Dannyjax said:

I wish I could unread that one mate. FIFA 22? Are you for real? It's like calling Horizon Forbidden West an old game. 

Nope, FIFA 22 is a recent franchise game from EA, who said is an old game mate? With the speculation around EA and FIFA trademark name, I believe it is coming to an end. We'll soon see new companies taking over from EA as the flag bearer of the series.