Register Now
StaceyPowers

What are some older games that still don’t feel dated to you?

20 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I visited my friend yesterday who still played on his Playstation 2 and I was happy to play once again James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire. It was so fun that I didn't feel like it was an old game. 

You just brought back some good old memories of my days with PS2, I played James bond 007, Gran Turismo, grand theft auto: sandreas and other games that are still fresh in my memory till date.

23 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I visited my friend yesterday who still played on his Playstation 2 and I was happy to play once again James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire. It was so fun that I didn't feel like it was an old game. 

I missed out on this one. I never got to play it and I'm not if that's ever going to be possible again. I don't have PS2 or any friends who plays on it. 

13 minutes ago, Clasher said:

You just brought back some good old memories of my days with PS2, I played James bond 007, Gran Turismo, grand theft auto: sandreas and other games that are still fresh in my memory till date.

My Playstation 2 was one of my most loved consoles back then. I had to let it go because I couldn't still be stuck on the old console when I could enjoy PS4. I still miss it though. 

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

It was how I got surprised that my friend was even still playing on PS2 which we had all moved on from since. He's got other good games like SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge and Serious Sam: The First Encounter. 

9 hours ago, HowHammerYou said:

Any of the Samurai Shodown or Metal Slug games made for the Neo Geo. It blows my mind how most of today's 2D games still don't look as good as those classics.

It was when game developers were being innovative with developing games then but it's not what they do anymore. It's all about copy and paste most of the time now. 

10 hours ago, HowHammerYou said:

Any of the Samurai Shodown or Metal Slug games made for the Neo Geo. It blows my mind how most of today's 2D games still don't look as good as those classics.

These are some of my favorite 2D games. They are ; Cuphead, Skullgirls, Rayman Legends and Stardew Valley. 

On 6/10/2022 at 11:45 AM, Heatman said:

It was how I got surprised that my friend was even still playing on PS2 which we had all moved on from since. He's got other good games like SpongeBob SquarePants: SuperSponge and Serious Sam: The First Encounter. 

Haha, some individuals can be very clingy and find it so hard to let go of people or things, especially when they share really deep memories or have been with them for a long time.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:45 AM, Heatman said:

I have special respect for gamers like that because they are the one's still preserving our history in the world of gaming. 

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

Haha, some individuals can be very clingy and find it so hard to let go of people or things, especially when they share really deep memories or have been with them for a long time.

It's the memories that have built with such game consoles that they can't let go easily. It's the same thing with my Gameboy. I still have it. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

I have special respect for gamers like that because they are the one's still preserving our history in the world of gaming. 

You should have the same respect for me as well because I still play on my Sega Saturn till today 😊

15 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I still enjoy playing Uncharted : Drake's Fortune like it's still a new game and it's that good. It's been around since 2007. 

It's a game that's being 15 years in the making. It's been an old and exciting game to play. The adventure part of the game is always thrilling to play. 

On 6/12/2022 at 11:15 AM, Aniekwe said:

It's the memories that have built with such game consoles that they can't let go easily. It's the same thing with my Gameboy. I still have it. 

Wow, you still have your Gameboy, I lost mine some years ago. I wish I still had it though because Gameboy formed a huge part of my earliest memories with video games.