Register Now
StaceyPowers

What are some older games that still don’t feel dated to you?

2 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Who was your favorite character in Mortal Kombat 2 back then? 

I'm a fan of Sub Zero. 

I also love Sub Zero too but my favourite is the ever sexy Kitana. I love female characters very well. It's why I love Tomb Raider game because of Lara Croft. 

17 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

I also love Sub Zero too but my favourite is the ever sexy Kitana. I love female characters very well. It's why I love Tomb Raider game because of Lara Croft. 

Kitana is a very good character but she's not very strong with powerful skills like others in the game. It's why I don't favor using her often. I lose most of the time I makes use of her. Lara is a very powerful and strong character. 

2 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Kitana is a very good character but she's not very strong with powerful skills like others in the game. It's why I don't favor using her often. I lose most of the time I makes use of her. Lara is a very powerful and strong character. 

Maybe you're not used to playing with Kitana. She's as good as any other character in Mortal Kombat 2 or any other series she featured. I hardly lose my fight with her. 

I'd say a lot of the retro games from the 8bi/16 bit era. Games from back then often still look pretty good today, because it didn't take much to make these kinds of graphics. That's why we see so many new games made in the 8bit/16 bit style. Because it works and still looks good today. Yeah some games from back then looked horrible, but I'd say the majority of games back on the NES, SNES, Genesis, etc looked good. It wasn't until 3D graphics that games started to age poorly. 

24 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

GTA S.A have been around since 2004, the game have been my best around the series to date, never outdated in anyway, it gives me every activities I need around video games. Then second to 'A.C odyssey version. 

Idk, GTA SA hasn't aged that well. It aged better because of mods and such, but the base game itself hasn't aged all that well. The animations, graphics etc for the time were great, but these days they pale in comparison to what we have now. And that's to be expected, but it just hasn't aged well. Even gameplay has aged a bit, as they changed a lot with the remastered versions. 

AC Odyssey probably will age pretty well. A lot of the games from the HD era of gaming still look fairly good today. Some of course don't, but most games from this generation have aged pretty well. But it also helps that each new generation brings out remastered versions. 

23 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

Maybe you're not used to playing with Kitana. She's as good as any other character in Mortal Kombat 2 or any other series she featured. I hardly lose my fight with her. 

I think you're right in this one. She was never one of my favorite players/characters in Mortal Kombat 2 or any series of the game. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Idk, GTA SA hasn't aged that well. It aged better because of mods and such, but the base game itself hasn't aged all that well. The animations, graphics etc for the time were great, but these days they pale in comparison to what we have now. And that's to be expected, but it just hasn't aged well. Even gameplay has aged a bit, as they changed a lot with the remastered versions. 

AC Odyssey probably will age pretty well. A lot of the games from the HD era of gaming still look fairly good today. Some of course don't, but most games from this generation have aged pretty well. But it also helps that each new generation brings out remastered versions. 

I got your points man, GTA SA never aged that way when you compare it's graphics, gameplay to outdated games during 80s and 90s. But 2004 game is quite an old game which is 18 years today, that's why I had to include the game as one of the old games that never really aged imo. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I got your points man, GTA SA never aged that way when you compare it's graphics, gameplay to outdated games during 80s and 90s. But 2004 game is quite an old game which is 18 years today, that's why I had to include the game as one of the old games that never really aged imo. 

Yeah, GTA SA is a dated game. I'm not saying it was so dated that it was unplayable, but I feel like some of the gameplay hasn't aged well. Which is why I think the remaster utilized a lot of the controls GTA V/RDR2 has. The graphics aren't a big deal to me. I'd take SA with the graphics, as long as the game plays good. But, I do have to admit, that staring at this game for too long, did mess with my eyes. So maybe the remaster would be the way to play it. Or maybe one of the HD mods people have made for it. 

11 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I think you're right in this one. She was never one of my favorite players/characters in Mortal Kombat 2 or any series of the game. 

It's just the same thing with one's favourite characters in Mortal Kombat. When you're very good at exploiting them, you will always have a better result than when you use players that you're not familiar with. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, GTA SA is a dated game. I'm not saying it was so dated that it was unplayable, but I feel like some of the gameplay hasn't aged well. Which is why I think the remaster utilized a lot of the controls GTA V/RDR2 has. The graphics aren't a big deal to me. I'd take SA with the graphics, as long as the game plays good. But, I do have to admit, that staring at this game for too long, did mess with my eyes. So maybe the remaster would be the way to play it. Or maybe one of the HD mods people have made for it. 

That's exactly the point I'm saying bro. The game haven't aged well, the graphics is sharp and appealing in the eyes. It's been a while I played it ever since I sold my PS3, I'm going to get it again on my current console. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have always loved Gran Turismo racing series and even till now, I'm still in love with Gran Turismo 2 on Playstation 1. It's the only release of Gran Turismo that I still go back to play on PS1. 

It's been a long time since I played the older versions of Gran Turismo racing games. It should be Gran Turismo 5 that I played last of the older series. 

On 6/29/2022 at 12:55 PM, Aniekwe said:

It's been a long time since I played the older versions of Gran Turismo racing games. It should be Gran Turismo 5 that I played last of the older series. 

The early releases of Gran Turismo are what laid the foundations on what I built my love for the game right now. If I never enjoyed and loved them back then, it might be difficult to play the recent one's. 

On 6/28/2022 at 7:23 PM, Kane99 said:

A remaster that done well always makes the game a lot better and in the case of GTA SA, it's going to be a bigger uplift for it in terms of having impressive graphics. I'm all in for a remaster of the game if there's a plan for it.