Register Now
StaceyPowers

Have games ever inspired/influenced you with something you create?

On 4/1/2022 at 4:36 PM, egghead said:

I am a writer, and games have inspired me many times. 

Have you been able to publish any of the books you wrote which the video games that you played inspired you to write? 

The first multiplayer game I played was Club Penguin and I loved it as a kid. I was so interested in it that I really wanted to create a game like that so I was experimenting with different options. It never worked out of course but I did make a little practice game on Scratch.

13 hours ago, Darth said:

The first multiplayer game I played was Club Penguin and I loved it as a kid. I was so interested in it that I really wanted to create a game like that so I was experimenting with different options. It never worked out of course but I did make a little practice game on Scratch.

No matter how small the experiment was in trying to create the game, the experience is going to be very crucial for you in the future in case you want to start working on games. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

No matter how small the experiment was in trying to create the game, the experience is going to be very crucial for you in the future in case you want to start working on games. 

If playing a particular video game would be able to get one develop the desire to work on something similar, it's the biggest influencer for me. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

If playing a particular video game would be able to get one develop the desire to work on something similar, it's the biggest influencer for me. 

I have seen some kids build cars that they saw in video games and movies that they played and watched respectively. It shows the power of influence games and movies have on kids. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have seen some kids build cars that they saw in video games and movies that they played and watched respectively. It shows the power of influence games and movies have on kids. 

My cousin is just like that. He's so smart that he can disassemble a toy and assemble it back; and it will still be functional. 

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I'm working on a medieval type story. I get a lot of inspiration from The Legend Of Zelda. It's given me ideas I never would have thought of.

Finally, you gave a hint on book that you're working on 😊... At least now, I have something that I would be picturing up. 

On 4/28/2022 at 4:49 PM, Heatman said:

If it's possible to build something that's built on Fortnite a little bit in real life, it's going to be something awesome but that's almost impossible. 

It is possible bro, many mouth watering buildings are around, you'll see them and you'll be surprised seeing such marvelous buildings. But in Fortnite it is tremendous because you build within minutes lol. 

22 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

It's just a story at the moment. I wouldn't call this one a book. The book that I'm working on will take a lot more time, and I'm not revealing jack shit about it until it's done.😈

Ooh, that's nice. About the book, even if it takes a decade, I'd wait for it to be done, I just hope we still can hook up on VGR by that time 😊

On 4/30/2022 at 6:20 PM, The Blackangel said:

I'm working on a medieval type story. I get a lot of inspiration from The Legend Of Zelda. It's given me ideas I never would have thought of.

Something like The Witcher kind of story I guess? 

35 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, the Witcher is definitely a medieval type story, the same thing with Legend Of Zelda.

I'm sorry, but what exactly was the point in that comment? All you you really did there was state the oblivious. @The Blackangel had established her story was medieval in theme and was influenced by The Legend of Zelda for @Boblee to them recognise and enquire about the similarity between that medieval theme and The Witcher. Good for you that you recognise that The Witcher and The Legend of Zelda have a medieval themes, but guess what, we all  recognise that The Witcher and The Legend of Zelda have a medieval themes! If fact it's pretty damn obvious! It's like if somebody said they like cheese on toast somewhere and your reply was;

35 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Cheese on toast does have cheese on it. It also has toast.

Sorry to bust your balls, but to be brutally honest that comment was completely pointless and stupid to boot. It's also the perfect example of posting anything just to post something. Nobody who cares about what they are posting would have posted that. Stop posting for numbers, that's not what being active means on VGR.

Edited by Shagger